Friday, 09 February 2024
Add your event
Blackbutt History Morning
- The Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association will be holding a History Morning from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon today at the Roy Emerson Museum at the end of Hart Street, Blackbutt (opposite the skate park). This month's get-together will host a talk from guest speaker John (Lew) Rogers, who'll be discussing how Rogers Park in the Yarraman forestry area came to be and sharing other insights about the development of commercial forestry in the Yarraman area. Everyone with an interest in history - particularly Timbertowns and district history - or the BDTHA's magnificent Blackbutt trailhead gardens and buildings is very welcome, and morning tea will be available for just $2. More details? Phone the Museum on (07) 4163-0146, send them an email or visit their Facebook page.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare on (07) 4162-5439.
Karaoke Superstar - Nanango
- The Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be running its Friday night Karaoke Superstar competition from 7:00pm until late tonight. This 10 week songfest began on January 5 and will conclude with a Grand Final on Friday, March 15, with one grand finalist winner chosen each week. Anyone is welcome to enter and there's no fee to take part. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1208.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting, or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer. The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Line Dancing - Kingaroy
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite the police station) from 9:30am to 12:00 noon today. A small dancing fee applies and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Vicki on 0427-461-538
Trivia, Tapas And Tunes - Wondai
- Dimities Cottage in Haly Street, Wondai (opposite the Wondai Regional Art Gallery) will be running Trivia, Tapas And Tunes from 6:00pm to 7:30pm tonight. For $50, guests can get to enjoy great tapas platters plus live entertainment from singer Louise Winton, and are very welcome to BYO drinks along as well. Bookings are essential if you want to be surer of a seat, though, and you can make one by phoning (07) 4168-5744.
Friday Night Darts
- The Nanango Darts Club at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango will be running its regular weekly practice night from 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-2255.
Tony Cisneros - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Tony Cisneros - the driving force behind the South Burnett's favourite party band Mr Q) will be performing at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy from 6:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1055
Friday Social Golf & Dinner - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and the club's very popular Friday night dinner will be running after 5:30pm. More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Karaoke With Kelly - Murgon
- Karaoke With Kelly will be running in the Diggers Room at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free and the club's kitchen will be open for dinner and snacks. More details? Phone the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Family Movie Night - Wondai
- The Wondai Swimming Pool in Mackenzie Street, Wondai will be holding a free Family Movie Night from 6:30pm this evening. The feature movie is "The Marvels" and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the pool on (07) 4169-0087.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Murgon
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Murgon every Wednesday and Friday at 12:30pm at the Baptist Church at 94 Macalister Street, and members who can't make it in person can join in the meeting online via Zoom. For more information (or help with a Zoom connection) phone 0427-137-140.
Friday, 09 February 2024
Add your event