Hivesville Country Markets
- The monthly Hivesville Country Markets will be held at Memorial Park (opposite the Hivesville Hotel in Main Street) from 7:00am to around noon this morning. These family-friendly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. New stallholders are very welcome, too!
Hivesville Devonshire Teas
- Hivesville's QCWA are celebrating their 101st birthday this year, and the branch will be opening the doors at their rooms in Main Street from 7:00am to noon this morning to offer visitors Devonshire Teas and boutique-style coffee plus plants, crafts and general bric-a-brac items - the perfect complement to the Hivesville Markets just across the road. Everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a delicious morning tea and/or browse for a bargain.
Bunya Mountains Markets
- The monthly Bunya Mountains Markets will be running at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains today. The markets feature up to 30 stands selling quality, locally-produced fresh produce, arts and crafts and they'll be operating from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Local cafes like Poppies On The Hill and The Bunya Mountains Cafe will be offering special Market Day menus and morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas, and walking trail maps will be available from both cafes, the Bunya Mountains General Store and market stalls if you'd like to take a walk through the adjoining National Park. More details? Phone (07) 4668-3126.
Sunday Afternoon Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon Texas Hold'Em poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Show & Shine Sunday Sesh With Mr Q - Nanango
- The Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be running a Sunday afternoon Show & Shine for vehicles of all ages today (registrations from 11:00am; judging at 2:00pm) along with a Sunday Sesh with the South Burnett's favourite party band Mr Q from 2:00pm to 6:00pm. The hotel's kitchen will also be open for lunch, dinner and snacks if you get hungry. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1208.
Summer Tunes - Yarraman
- Toowoomba Regional Council will be bringing its Summer Tunes program of concerts to the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 3:00pm to 5:00pm today. Today's concert will be performed by Sticks & Tones and it's free. Everyone is welcome!
Sunday Lunch With Fitzy - Linville
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Fitzy (aka Rob Fitz-Herbert) will be performing at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from 11:00am to 3:00pm this afternoon. The hotel's kitchen will also be open for lunch and snacks and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone (07) 5424-7280.
Bradz Rock 'N' Roots Duo - Kilkivan
- Bradz Rock 'N' Roots Duo will be performing in the beer garden at the Kilkivan Hotel in Bligh Street, Kilkivan from 1:00pm to 4:00pm this afternoon. Admission is free. More details? Phone the hotel on 0447-872-028.
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Hunt For The Wilderpeople - Nanango
- The Nanango Theatre Company will be screening the feelgood 2016 New Zealand comedy "Hunt For The Wilderpeople" at their playhouse at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango at 3:00pm this afternoon. Admission is $5 and everyone is welcome.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.