Tuesday, 06 February 2024
Add your event
Tuesday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 8:30am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $5 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone 0419-778-015.
Wondai Indoor Bowls
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls club will be holding their fortnightly meeting at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 7:30pm to 10:00pm this evening. The club meets on the first and third Tuesdays each moth and a cuppa and bikkies are just $3. New and former players are always welcome!
Nanango Stags Training Night
- The Nanango Stags A-grade soccer team will be training at the Alan Downey Sports Fields in Burnett Street, Nanango at 6:30pm tonight. During the season the Stags train every Tuesday and Thursday night and potential new players are always welcome.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding a free Trivia Night from 6:30pm this evening. Play takes place in teams of 2 to 6, but numbers are limited so a booking is essential. You can make one by phoning the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Nanango Indoor Bowls
- The Nanango Indoor Bowls Association will be holding their regular weekly indoor bowls matches at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango from 12:45pm (for a 1:00pm start) to around 4:00pm this afternoon. Play will take the form of 3 games x 10 rounds and new players are always very welcome. Game fees are just $5 and include a lucky door ticket plus afternoon tea or coffee, More details? Phone Gary on 0487-853-617 or Keith on (07) 4163-1522
Tuesday Tai Chi - Kilkivan
- A Tuesday Tai Chi class will be held at the Lions Park Rotunda in Bligh Street, Kilkivan at 10:00am this morning. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Errol on 0448-994-193.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning. New members - male and female - are very welcome, and you should BYO morning tea. More details? Call Jocelyn on 0409-275-915 or send an email
Kingaroy Men's Shed
- The Kingaroy Men's Shed will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the old Motor Pool building off Geoff Raph Drive at Kingaroy Airport from 8:00am to around noon today. The group meet every Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday morning and new members and visitors are always welcome. More details? Phone 0435-826-573.
South Burnett Chorale - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 6:30pm to 8:30pm this evening. The Chorale meet every Tuesday night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Julie-Anne on 0421-360-802.
Yarraman Indoor Bowls
- The Yarraman Indoor Bowls group will be holding their weekly meeting at the Lutheran Church Hall in McDaniel Street, Yarraman at 9:00am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Rod on 0400-523-330.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club - Wondai
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Tuesday meeting at their club's Wondai workshop in the old Wondai Railway Station at Coronation Park in the town's CBD from 5:30pm to around 8:00pm tonight. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday in Kingaroy, with Tuesday workshops in Wondai for faceting and silverwork. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Blackbutt Darts Club
- The Blackbutt Darts Club will resuming its weekly meeting at the Lions Den inside the Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt at 5:30pm tonight (for a 6:00pm start), finishing up around 8:00pm. New players of all ages are welcome - playing fees are just $3 - and food and drinks are available for purchase as well. More details? Phone 0468-354-163.
Nanango Community Choir
- The Nanango Community Choir will be meeting at the old Masonic Hall in Gipps Street, Nanango for their fortnightly practice session from 7:00pm to around 8:30pm this evening. The choir is fun and open to everyone, and its repertoire is very varied (everything from folk, jazz, pop and musical theatre numbers through to sea shanties) and they meet for rehearsals on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesday of each month. More details? Phone Janet on 0429-797-791 or send her an email
Tuesday Yoga Class - Cooyar
- A yoga class will be held at the Cooyar Community Hall on the New England Highway at Cooyar at 9:00am this morning. The class is held weekly and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0408-988-100.
Tuesday Meditation & Yoga Classes
- The Centacare Neighbourhood Centre at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy (behind the Catholic church) will be running its free weekly meditation class from 4:00pm to 5:00pm this afternoon, followed by a yoga class from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. Everyone is welcome - just bring a yoga mat or chair. More details? Phone (07) 4162-5439.
Tuesday Night Poker - Nanango
- The Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be running Tuesday night poker games from 6:00pm tonight (for registration - play begins at 6:30pm). Buy-in fees are $20 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1208.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Nanango
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, nor is it allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Nanango every Tuesday from 1:30pm at the Catholic Church hall at the corner of Alfred and Gipps Street. For more information, phone 0427-289-990.
Tuesday, 06 February 2024
Add your event