Designing Art Programs For Youth - Blackbutt
- Arts facilitator Olivia Everitt will be running a free workshop at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 12:00 noon to 3:00pm today to provide information about how to design art programs for children and young people. The workshop will look at project planning and management; child-safe event policies, accessibility and supervision; grant funding opportunities to support children's art programs; and communications strategies to target children and their parents. The workshop is free but you'll need to register online to secure a place. More details? Phone Olivia on 0432-556-830. Note: This workshop will also be held at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery next Thursday, February 29.
Burnett Rockers Dance Class - Kingaroy
- The Burnett Rockers will be holding their weekly Rock & Roll Dance Classes in the GB Hall at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 6:30pm until around 9:00pm tonight. The classes are designed for all ages and all levels - from absolute beginners to advanced dancers - and are run in a family-friendly, non-competitive atmosphere. Class fees are $15 and tea, coffee and water are available on site for a gold coin donation. Everyone is welcome!
Thursday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 8:30am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $5 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone 0419-778-015.
Thursday Tai Chi - Nanango
- A Thursday morning Tai Chi class will be held under the shade sails at Ringsfield House's gardens at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango at 8:00am this morning (or at Nanango Showgrounds if it's raining). The class is a social group and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Gary on 0487-853-617.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Kingaroy Red Ants Come & Try Afternoon
- The Kingaroy Red Ants rugby league team will be holding a "Come & Try" afternoon for U6s, U8s, U10s and U12s at their grounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 4:30pm to 6:00pm today. The session is free and open to any junior who's considering playing league this year.
Thursday Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road in Blackbutt will be running social golf games from 3:00pm this afternoon. For just $5, guests can play six holes in the great outdoors in a relaxing atmosphere. The bar will also be open and pies, mushy peas and potatoes will be available as well. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4163-0180.
Indoor Bowls - Wooroolin
- Indoor bowls matches will be played at Wooroolin Hall on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4164-2398.
GardenCare Group - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy's GardenCare Group will be holding its weekly meeting at Centacare's gardens behind the church at 15 Albert Street from 9:00am this morning, followed by a BBQ lunch around noon. The group lets keen gardeners mingle and have fun on a regular basis, and new gardeners are always welcome. More details? Phone Centacare on (07) 4162-5439.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Monday meeting at their club's workshop in Shed 1 in the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 1:00pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets in Kingaroy every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427.
Thursday Line Dancing - Wondai
- Line dancing classes will be held at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 9:30am to 12:30pm today. A small dancing fee applies and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Vicki on 0427-461-538
Conversation, Cuppa & Craft - Proston
- The Farm at 276 Boondooma Dam Road in Proston will be running its weekly Conversation, Cuppa & Craft session (BYO craft) from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. Everyone is welcome.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango Services Club in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Night Trivia - Nanango
- The Nanango Services Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be running its weekly trivia competition from 6:30pm tonight. Playing fees are a gold coin donation and the club's servery will be open for dinner or snacks. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4163-1375.
Nanango Stags Training Night
- The Nanango Stags A-grade soccer team will be training at the Alan Downey Sports Fields in Burnett Street, Nanango at 6:30pm tonight. During the season the Stags train every Tuesday and Thursday night and potential new players are always welcome.
Thursday Yoga Class - Yarraman
- A yoga class will be held at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman at 9:00am this morning. The class is held weekly and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0408-988-100.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Primary Producers Dinner - Inverlaw
- A free Primary Producers Dinner (adults only - BYO drinks) will be held at Inverlaw Hall on the Kingaroy-Burrandowan Road at Inverlaw from 6:00pm tonight. Guest speaker Mary O'Brien from "Are You Bogged Mate?" will be discussing mental health and passing on some entertaining and practical tips that might help you or a mate. The dinner is being organised by the South Burnett Regional Council and BIEDO and it is funded by the State and Federal Governments. However - to help plan the catering - an RSVP to 0400-695-456 by February 16 would be appreciated.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.