Friday, 02 February 2024
Add your event
Art Exhibition Opening - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their first monthly exhibition for 2024 with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be exhibiting "Keeping It Local" by Katrina O'Shannesy and family in the front gallery; "Pulse: Rhythms Of The Land" by Lisa Chandler, Tony Coles, Trevor Hood, Wendy McGrath-Lakeland, Des Rolph, Dianne Smith and Kay Wright in the main gallery; and "Bits & Bobs" by Cherry Carroll in the third gallery. As usual, opening night will also feature great hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings from award-winning South Burnett winery Nuova Scuola, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926. Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on show from 10:00am to 3:00pm daily until Saturday, February 24.
Art Exhibition Opening - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) will be holding a wine and cheese opening for its February exhibition from 5:00pm to 7:00pm tonight. During February the gallery will be displaying works from the South Burnett Regional Council's permanent collection, and these will fill all of the gallery's three exhibition areas. Some of these works have become regional icons and many others - some quite brilliant - are rarely seen in public. After tonight's opening, the exhibition will remain on display from 10:00am to 4:00pm weekdays and 9:00am to 1:00pm on weekends until February 29. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
RADF Information Sessions - Nanango & Blackbutt
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding information sessions for residents interested in applying for a Regional Arts Development Fund grant in the current - or future - RADF grants rounds. Today's sessions will be held at the Nanango Library meeting room at 48 Drayton Street, Nanango from 8:30am to 10:30am; and at the Blackbutt Library at 69 Hart Street, Blackbutt from 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Salliana Campbell and John Gardner - Maidenwell
- Entertainers Salliana Campbell and John Gardner will be performing traditional Australian bush music at the Dreambird Cottage Kitchen at 88 Beare Road, Maidenwell from 5:00pm until late tonight. The Cottage's cafe and bar will also be open for dinner or snacks. More details? Bookings? Phone Deb on 0439-892-657.
Karaoke Superstar - Nanango
- The Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be running its Friday night Karaoke Superstar competition from 7:00pm until late tonight. This 10 week songfest began on January 5 and will conclude with a Grand Final on Friday, March 15, with one grand finalist winner chosen each week. Anyone is welcome to enter and there's no fee to take part. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1208.
Friday Night Darts
- The Nanango Darts Club at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango will be running its regular weekly practice night from 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-2255.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting, or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer. The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Social Golf & Dinner - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and the club's very popular Friday night dinner will be running after 5:30pm. More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Yellowbelly Registrations Close Today
- Registrations to take part in the 2024 Boondooma Dam Yellowbelly Fishing Competition (which will be held at the dam on February 10 and 11) close today. You can register online by clicking here
Free Community BBQ - Linville
- The Linville Progress Association will be running a free community BBQ at Linville Hall in George Street, Linville from 6:00pm to 7:00pm tonight. All Linville and district residents are welcome, but to help plan the catering an email RSVP would be appreciated.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Friday Line Dancing - Kingaroy
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite the police station) from 9:30am to 12:00 noon today. A small dancing fee applies and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Vicki on 0427-461-538
Cherbourg Hornets Sign-On
- A Sign-On for the Cherbourg Hornets' senior and junior rugby league teams will be held at Jack O'Chin Oval in Broadway Street, Cherbourg from 3:00pm to 5:00pm this afternoon. Last year the Hornets were runners-up in the region's senior rugby league competition and this year - with the right players - they could go all the way to the top. New players are very welcome!
Ron.E.J - Murgon
- Entertainer Ron.E.J will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. The club's servery will also be open for dinner or snacks. More details? Phone (07) 4168-1819.
Billy At The Killy - Kilkivan
- Entertainer Billy will be performing at the Kilkivan Hotel in Bligh Street, Kilkivan from 7:00pm until late tonight. Billy is also known as Australia's answer to Bob Marley and there's no admission. More details? Phone the hotel on 0447-872-028.
Community Barbecue - Mondure
- Mondure Rural Fire Brigade is hosting a community barbecue from 6:00pm tonight at the fire shed. All local residents welcome!
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Murgon
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Murgon every Wednesday and Friday at 12:30pm at the Baptist Church at 94 Macalister Street, and members who can't make it in person can join in the meeting online via Zoom. For more information (or help with a Zoom connection) phone 0427-137-140.
Friday, 02 February 2024
Add your event