South Burnett Soccer Sevens - Kingaroy
- The second (and final) day of the annual South Burnett Soccer Sevens will be held at the Kingaroy Soccer Grounds in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy today. This giant pre-season carnival - run by the Kingaroy Senior Soccer Club - attracts teams from all over south-east Queensland and is one of the region's major annual sporting events. This year organisers expect there'll be upwards of 400 players competing in mens, womens and Over 35s teams for prize monies, and locals are also very welcome to form a team and join in! Today's games will get underway at around 8:00am and will run to about 3:00pm, when the Grand Finals will be played. Admission to the Soccer Sevens is 100% free for spectators and there'll be a licensed bar, BBQ and canteen operating at the grounds too.
Grooving In The Gardens - Nanango
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be presenting a free "Grooving In The Gardens" concert at Ringsfield House at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango from 11:00am to 2:00pm today. Guests can bring along a picnic lunch, drinks and a blanket or folding chairs and enjoy a relaxing, funky concert from The Swing Beans. More details? Phone the Council on (07) 4189-9100.
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
- The Linville Progress Association will be holding their monthly markets in George Street, Linville (down from the Linville Hotel) from 7:00am to around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature great BBQ breakfasts and lots of fresh produce, home-made foods, crafts and bric-a-brac and run on the first Sunday of each month. Everyone is welcome and potential new stallholders should phone Gail on 0402-845-186 for more information.
Sunday Afternoon Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon Texas Hold'Em poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Antique Motor Club - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Antique Motor Club will be holding its first monthly meeting for 2024 in the pergola area of the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am this morning. People interested in antique cars and/or potential new members are very welcome to come along, meet the members (a very friendly bunch) and inspect any vehicles brought along today for show.
Gypsy Road - Linville
- Popular dup Gypsy Road will be performing at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from 11:00am until 3:00pm today. The hotel's kitchen will also be operating from 11:00am for lunch and snacks and there's free camping across the road or paid accommodation at the pub if you want to stay overnight. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 5424-7280
Tableland Community Share - Tablerlands
- The monthly Tablelands Community Share market will be operating at Kapernick Park on Crownthorpe Road, Tablelands (about 10 minutes drive from Murgon) from 9:00am this morning.