Friday, 23 February 2024
Add your event
Community Burger Night - Blackbutt
- A community burger night will be held at Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Douglas and Muir Streets at 6:00pm this evening as a fundraiser for Benarkin State School's P&C. For $10 you can get a great, freshly-cooked beef or chicken burger and chips, and there'll also be a fish and chips or fish and salad option available, too, plus a dessert option (take-out orders will also be accepted from 5:30pm onwards if you phone (07) 4170-0642). Everyone is welcome!
Friday Line Dancing - Kingaroy
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite the police station) from 9:30am to 12:00 noon today. A $5 dancing fee applies (which includes morning tea) and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Vicki on 0427-461-538
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting, or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer. The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare on (07) 4162-5439.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Friday Night Darts
- The Nanango Darts Club at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango will be running its regular weekly practice night from 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-2255.
Cooyar Show Campdraft
- The first day of the two-day Cooyar Show Campdraft will be held at the Cooyar Showgrounds in Rangemore Road, Cooyar from 5:00am this morning until late in the afternoon. Today's campdrafting action will feature Novice, Maiden, Junior, Juvenile and Ladies Drafts for cash prizes ranging from $200 (juniors) up to $2000 and is expected to draw a very big roll-up. Entry to the campdraft is 100% free for spectators, and there'll also be a bar and canteen running as well as plenty of campsites available in the Showgrounds if you want to stay over. Everyone is welcome! Note: There are no ATM or EFTPOS facilities available in Cooyar, so bring cash.
Mr Q Band - Murgon
- The South Burnett's favourite party band Mr Q will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free and the club's servery will be open for dinner and snacks. More details? Phone the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Friday Morning Bingo - Murgon
- Bingo games will be held at Murgon RSL's Welfare Drop-In Centre at 44 Stephens Street West, Murgon from 9:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:00am). Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4313-3018.
Friday Social Golf & Dinner - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and the club's very popular Friday night dinner will be running after 5:30pm. More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Country Concert - Kumbia
- A Country Concert featuring performances from Dianne Lindsay, Peter Simpson, Terry Gordon and Robbie Waters will be held at Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, Kumbia tonight. A bar and BBQ will begin running at 6:30pm and the concert will get underway at 7:30pm. Tickets to the concert are $27.78 per head and can be booked online
Skills & Team Allocations - Nanango
- The Nanango & District Netball Association will be holding the first of three Skills & Team Allocations sessions at their courts in Appin Street West, Nanango from 4:00pm to 5:30pm this afternoon, ahead of the start of this year's competition. Two other afternoons will be held at the same time and location on the 8th and 22nd of March. More details? Phone 0448-256-512.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Karaoke Superstar - Nanango
- Not Running: The Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be running its Friday night Karaoke Superstar competition from 7:00pm until late tonight. This 10 week songfest began on January 5 and will conclude with a Grand Final on Friday, March 15, with one grand finalist winner chosen each week. Anyone is welcome to enter and there's no fee to take part. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1208. Note: The hotel advised at 10:30am today that this competition won't be running this week. However, it will return next Friday.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Murgon
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Murgon every Wednesday and Friday at 12:30pm at the Baptist Church at 94 Macalister Street, and members who can't make it in person can join in the meeting online via Zoom. For more information (or help with a Zoom connection) phone 0427-137-140.
Friday, 23 February 2024
Add your event