Wednesday, 28 February 2024
Add your event
Curtain Call Concert - Nanango
- The Curtain Call group will be holding a concert in the chapel at Ringsfield House in Alfred Street, Nanango from 9:30am to 11:30am this morning (doors open at 9:00am). The concert will be accompanied by quizzes and skits, and a great morning tea is included in the $15 entry fee. More details? Phone Neil on 0427-124-044 or Janet on 0429-899-330.
Kingaroy Men's Shed
- The Kingaroy Men's Shed will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the old Motor Pool building off Geoff Raph Drive at Kingaroy Airport from 9:00am to around noon today. The group meet every Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday morning and new members and visitors are always welcome.
Wednesday Night Dance Classes
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall on Burrandowan Road at Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Wednesday Morning Tennis
- The Blackbutt Tennis Club in Hart Street, Blackbutt will be holding 45-minute social tennis games from 7:30am this morning. Anyone of any age and fitness level is welcome, and a racquet will be supplied if you don't have one. Cost is $5 and bookings aren't required. More details? Phone 0458-539-821.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers from 7:00am to 1:00pm today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night Texas Hold'em poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 5:30pm and play begins at 6:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Genealogy Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Genealogical and Family History Society will be meeting at Kingaroy Library in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning to provide free instruction on how to research your family history. Anyone interested in tracing their ancestry is very welcome. More details? Send an email
Wednesday Devonshire Teas - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA will be running a Devonshire Tea at their rooms at 65 Coulson Street in Blackbutt from 10:00am to 12 noon this morning. For just $10 you can enjoy a Devonshire Tea with a bottomless cup, and $5 packs of scones are also available. More details? Phone 0402-848-737
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Wednesday Yoga Class - Yarraman
- A yoga class will be held at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman at 6:30pm tonight. The class is held weekly and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0408-988-100.
QCWA & Community Choir - Wondai
- The Wondai QCWA & Comm8unity Choir will be holding their weekly practice session at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Wondai at 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome.
Kilkivan Touch Footy
- Touch football games will be played at Weier Oval off the Wide Bay Highway just north of Kilkivan's CBD from 6:00pm tonight. Playing fees are just $2 and everyone is welcome!
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Murgon
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Murgon every Wednesday and Friday at 12:30pm at the Baptist Church at 94 Macalister Street, and members who can't make it in person can join in the meeting online via Zoom. For more information (or help with a Zoom connection) phone 0427-137-140.
Wednesday, 28 February 2024
Add your event