Yellowbelly Fishing Competition - Lake Boondooma
- The second (and final) day of the weekend-long 33rd annual Boondooma Dam Yellowbelly Fishing Competition will be held at Boondooma Dam today, starting at around 5:00am this morning and concluding with final weigh-ins at 9:30am. The event - organised by the Boondooma Dam Fish Stocking Association - will have adult and junior sections and numerous cash prizes for each weigh-in period. A licensed bar, BBQ and food and drink stalls will be operating for the duration and accommodation for competitors is available at the adjoining Lake Boondooma Tourist Park. Competition entry fees are $20 for adults and $5 for children and all competitors will need to have a Stocked Impoundment Permit to take part. In 2020 almost 10000 keen anglers wet their lines for a share of the $50,000 in prizes on offer and large numbers of campers packed the dam's camping grounds. This year organisers expect similar numbers or higher. More details and/or nominations? Phone 0417-717-324 or send them an email. Want on-site accommodation? Then phone the Lake Boondooma Tourist Park on (07) 4168-9694 or email them.
Free Caravan Safety Program - Yarraman
- VanSafe Queensland will be running a free caravan safety workshop for caravan owners at the Yarraman Caravan Park on the D'Aguilar Highway north of Yarraman's CBD from 2:30pm to 4:30pm this afternoon. The workshop will provide information on how to properly pack a caravan to avoid roll-overs and proper towing and parking practices, and it is an initiative of Caravanning Queensland in partnership with the Queensland Government’s StreetSmarts Program. All caravan owners are welcome, and you can register online.
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Murgon CBD Markets
- The monthly Murgon Markets will be held in Lamb Street in the heart of Murgon from 7:00am until about 12:00 noon today. The markets run on the second Sunday of each month and offer locally made crafts, foods and produce - always an interesting Sunday morning out. New stallholders are always welcome too! More details? Phone Alan on 0475-453-614.
Sunday Afternoon Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon Texas Hold'Em poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Goodchild Shield Final - Kingaroy
- The final match of the annual Goodchild Shield cricket competition between the South Burnett, Gympie, Bundaberg and Fraser Coast will be played at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am this morning. In a repeat of last year's competition, the South Burnett XI will play Bundaberg in what promises to be a blisteringly good match, and spectators are very welcome.
Nanango Services Club Closure
- The Nanango Services Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be closed from today until Friday for renovations. The club will re-open as usual next Saturday, February 17.
Sunday Sesh With Rewind & Sonia McMahon - Nanango
- South Burnett entertainers Rewind and Sonia McMahon will be performing at the Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango from 2:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon, serving up a collection of classic songs, pub rock and requests. The hotel's kitchen will also be open for lunch, dinner and snacks. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1208.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Greg Griffith - Linville
- Entertainer Greg Griffith will be performing at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from 11:00am until 3:00pm this afternoon. The hotel's kitchen will also be open for lunch and snacks and there's free camping across the road or paid accommodation at the pub if you want to stay overnight. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 5424-7280
Open Mic Jam Session & Social Bowls - Kilkivan
- The Kilkivan Bowls Club in Crescent Street, Kilkivan will be holding a free Open Mic Jam Session from 12:00 noon to around 4:00pm today. The club's bar and hot food will be available from noon, and barefoot social bowls will be happening on the greens from around 2:00pm (green fees for this are $8 for adults or $4 for students). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone (07) 5484-1270.