Monday, 19 February 2024
Add your event
2024 Council Candidates Forum - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Murgon Business and Development Association, Nanango Business Alliance and Nanango Tourism and Development Association will be jointly hosting a public forum for all South Burnett Mayoral and Council candidates in the upcoming Local Government Elections on March 16. The forum will allow voters to assess the candidates in person and it will be moderated by Channel 7 news broadcaster Kim Skubris. The forum will be held at St John's Lutheran School Hall in Ivy Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm this evening and there's no admission. Everyone is welcome.
Local SES Meeting
- SES volunteers from Wondai, Murgon, Nanango and Kingaroy will be holding their weekly group meeting from 7:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. The venue alters from one week to the next, but you can find the location of tonight's meeting by phoning Scott on 0460-304-715. Potential new SES volunteers are also very welcome to attend.
Monday Afternoon Bingo - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Tourism & Heritage Association will be running bingo games at Blackbutt's Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt this afternoon (doors open at 11:30am - eyes down at 12:00 noon). For just $30, guests can enjoy 15 games including 2 jackpot rounds, and be in the running for a $50 jackpot each week plus a progressive jackpot. All games offer cash prizes and tea, coffee and biscuits will be available for purchase if you get hungry. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on 0458-539-821.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Monday meeting at their club's workshop in Shed 1 in the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 1:00pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets in Kingaroy every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427.
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers from 7:00am to 1:00pm today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Proston QCWA Crafts Group
- The Proston QCWA Crafts Group will be holding their regular Monday meeting at the Proston QCWA Rooms in Rodney Street from 9:00am today. The group's members pursue a wide variety of crafts and you don't need to be a QCWA member to attend and join in. More details? Phone Eileen on 0429-856-770 or Cheryl on 0409-361-989.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
Line Dancing - Blackbutt
- A line dancing class will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt at 7:00pm tonight. Line dancing classes are held every Monday night and Wednesday morning, and new dancers are always welcome.
Monday Night Darts
- The Nanango Darts Club at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango will be running its regular weekly competition night from 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-2255.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Wondai To Kingaroy Shopping Bus
- Graham House will be running a shopping bus between Wondai and Kingaroy today. The bus will pick up customers from their Wondai address at 8:30am and transport them to Kingaroy Shoppingworld (or other destinations if arranged beforehand), then make a return journey to Wondai at around 12:00 noon. Tickets on the bus are $10 per person return and it runs every Monday, but places are limited so a booking is necessary. You can make one by phoning Graham House Community Transport on (07) 4169-8400.
Proston SES Training Night
- The Proston SES group will be meeting at their shed at the corner of Collingwood and Nelson Streets in Proston at 5:30pm this evening for their regular weekly training night. New members are very welcome!
Silver Foxes Line Dancing - Kingaroy
- The Silver Foxes line dancing group will be meeting at the GB Hall inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. The group offers a fun morning of line dancing and socialising, along with morning tea and it meets every Monday. New members are always welcome - just bring comfortable shoes and a water bottle - and there's plenty of off-street parking available too.
Kumbia Race Club Meeting
- The Kumbia Race Club will be holding a general meeting at their clubhouse in Bell Street, Kumbia at 7:00pm this evening. Potential new members are very welcome. More details? Phone the race club on 0407-645-574
Monday Games Night - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding its weekly board games night from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. For $5 per head, guests can get to play a wide range of board games with like-minded people. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Monday, 19 February 2024
Add your event