Saturday, 24 February 2024
Add your event
Cooyar Show & Campdraft
- The main puiblic day of this year's 74th Cooyar Show will be held at the Cooyar Showgrounds in Rangemore Road from early this morning through until late tonight. At 8:00am, the Show will get underway with Stud Beef Cattle judging and Young Paraders, followed by a Led Steers and Heifers competition and the opening of the pavilions. At 11:00am, judging for the Ute Muster will take place. At 2:00pm, the $2-a-ride sideshows will open along with free face painting and show bags, and this will be followed by the Grand Parade at 2:30pm; the official opening at 2:45pm; and then post-ripping and freestyle motocross in the afternoon, along with a Young Farmers Challenge and Viv's Animal Farm. Meanwhile, the second (and final) day of the Cooyar Show Campdraft will be running in the main arena, and after it concludes it will be followed by a pulse-pounding Professional Bull Ride, and then a Giant Fireworks Display at around 8:30pm before the day wraps up with a DJ who'll play until late. Admission to this year's Show is $25 for adults, $10 for youngsters aged 11 to 15 and free for under-10s. Note: There are no ATM or EFTPOS facilities available in Cooyar, so bring cash.
100th Anniversary Of Kumbia QCWA
- Kumbia QCWA will be celebrating its 100th birthday today with a gala function at Kumbia Hall in Bell Street between 10:00am and 1:30pm. This special get-together will feature a display of 100 different crafts and there'll also be hand-made crafts for sale, lucky door prizes and raffles. The $10 admission fee to view all of these things will also include a great Kumbia QCWA lunch - and if you've never had one of these before, you're in for a treat! To help plan the catering, though, early bookings are encouraged. You can reserve one or more seats by phoning 0475-623-341 or by sending an email by February 10. Everyone is welcome!
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Reef'n'Beef - Coolabunia
- Coolabunia State School P&C will be hosting their annual Reef'n'Beef night in the school's grounds off the D'Aguilar Highway at Coolabunia from 3:00pm this afternoon to around midnight tonight. This very popular event will offer beef, seafoods, drinks and live entertainment for guests, along with a licensed bar for $95 per head, with all proceeds going to aid the school's P&C. However, tickets are limited and need to be booked online to help plan the catering. Everyone 18 years or over is welcome!
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
- The Yarraman Progress Association's Yarraman Markets will be held on the vacant block at the corner of the D'Aguilar and New England Highways (ie opposite Bendigo Bank) in Yarraman from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets are held on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Saturday each month and they feature trash and treasure stalls, car boot sellers, local produce and hand-made goods, as well as food stalls. Everyone is welcome and if you'd like to book a stall yourself - it's only $10! - phone 0498-540-340.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers from 7:00am to 1:00pm today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Pig On A Spit Night - Maidenwell
- The Maidenwell Hotel's popular monthly Pig On A Spit Night will be running from 6:00pm until late this evening. The Mr Q Acoustic Duo will be performing on the hotel's deck from 7:00pm, and guests can get stuck into more pork than they can poke a fork at, all served up with with roast potatoes, pumpkin, corn, peas, carrots, applesauce and gravy (or beef or chicken, if you prefer). There's also free camping nearby if you want to stay over. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the pub on (07) 4164-6133.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed runs at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Ros Gregor Parkrun - Nanango
- The Nanango parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Ros Gregor Trail at Tipperary Flat next to the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Railway Parkrun - Proston
- The Proston parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the former railway line and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Parkrun - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail at Blackbutt from 7:00am this morning. The starting line is adjacent to the Roy Emerson Museum, off Bowman Road. Runners follow a course along the former railway line and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online (it's officially called the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail parkrun) and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Wondai Country Markets
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery's monthly Wondai Country Markets will be operating at Coronation Park in Wondai's CBD from 7:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature stallholders selling fresh fruit and vegetables, arts and crafts, useful knick-knacks and clothing. There'll also be live entertainment; lots of other stalls selling great gifts and goodies; and special hand-made treasures from local artisans. The BBQs will also be firing up from around 6:45am to dish out hearty breakfasts for early bargain hunters. New stallholders are always very welcome (stall fees range from $10 with power and water available, if needed), and you can obtain more details by phoning the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on (07) 4168-5926.
Windera State School Golf Day - Murgon
- Windera State School P&C will be holding their annual golf day at the Murgon Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south of the CBD today. There'll be a complimentary BBQ lunch available from 12:00 noon and play will take the form of a 9 hole, 3 person ambrose with a shotgun start at 1:00pm. There'll also be raffles, novelty holes and a drinks cart in operation. Tickets are $25 per player and everyone is welcome.
Saturday Morning Tennis - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Tennis Club in Hart Street, Blackbutt (just up the road from the Radnor Hotel) will be running Saturday morning social tennis games from 7:30am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details? Phone Roy on 0407-378-795
Never Two Late - Linville
- Popular duo Never Two Late will be performing at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from 4:00pm until 8:00pm tonight. The hotel's kitchen will also be operating from 11:00am for lunch, dinner and snacks and there's free camping across the road or paid accommodation at the hotel if you want to stay overnight. More details? Phone (07) 5424-7280
Kick Ass Country - Kingaroy
- Popular band Kick Ass Country will be performing at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the club on (07) 4162-1755.
MisFitz - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett acoustic duo MisFitz (aka Rob & Clare Fitz-Herbert) will be performing at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy from 6:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free and the hotel's kitchen will be open for dinner and snacks. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1055
My Place Meeting - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman My Place group will be meeting at the Royal Hotel in Toomey Street, Yarraman at 12:30pm this afternoon. Guest speaker Warren Rose - a former paramedic with 20 years experience - will be giving a talk about how to maintain optimum health and well-being. There's no admission and everyone is welcome.
Nanango Mini Market
- The Nanango Mini Market, which runs on the 4th Saturday of each month (except January) outside the Churchyard Opp Shop at the corner of Drayton and Burnett Streets in Nanango, will be running from 7:30am to around 11:30am this morning. Apart from offering great bargains at great prices - ranging from plants to craft work, DVDs, bric-a-brac, glassware, books, jewellery, photographic work and mosaic art - the markets also have a $3 sausage sizzle, $1.00 soft drinks ($2 for a coke) and gold coin donation tea and coffee if you get peckish. Entry is free and new stallholders are also very welcome, with stall fees starting at just $5. More details? Phone Sue on 0419-319-981.
Karaoke Night - Yarraman
- The Royal Hotel in Toomey Street, Yarraman will be holding a Karaoke Night from 7:00pm until late this evening. The hotel's kitchen will also be open for dinner or snacks. More details? Phone the Royal on (07) 4163 8219.
Saturday, 24 February 2024
Add your event