Saturday, 17 February 2024
Add your event
Kingaroy Friendship Markets & Car Boot Sale
- The third Saturday of the month Friendship Markets will be held at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00pm today. The markets are run by the Kingaroy Show Society and feature a range of arts, crafts, food stalls, fruit and garden stalls, plus unusual bric-a-brac. New stallholders are always very welcome. Today, the markets will be welcoming in the new year by waiving stallholder fees for this month's outing. In addition, it will also be running a car boot sale for anyone who'd like to come along and try it out. More details? Phone Rita on 0427-644-131 or Lee on 0432-111-562.
Coffee, Cake & Chat - Kingaroy
- A free Coffee, Cake & Chat session (or tea if you prefer) will be held at Kingaroy Library at 41-45 Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. A feature of today's get-together will be a guest speaker from Beyond Blue, who'll discuss ways to tackle depression. Everyone is welcome.
Proston Community Markets
- The monthly Proston Community Markets - organised by the Proston Show Society and held on the 3rd Saturday of each month - will be running outside the QCWA Rooms at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston from 8:00am to around noon this morning. Stalls feature everything from craftwork to baked goods and bric-a-brac are are always fun to browse. There'll also be a great BBQ breakfast and Devonshire morning teas available, as well as a large fruit and veggie tray raffle. Stall fees are just $5 if you want to join in the action and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Val on (07) 4168-9391.
Junior Landcare Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Sustainable Future Network will be holding a meeting to start a Junior Landcare Group at Kingaroy Library in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to 11:30am this morning. The group is aimed at primary school aged children but older students are welcome to come along to help out and lead the group. Today's session will be filled with fun and games and all children will receive a free strawberry plant too. Parents are also very welcome. More details? Phone Suzanne on 0499-527-830.
- The Yarraman Progress Association's Yarraman Markets will be held on the vacant block at the corner of the D'Aguilar and New England Highways (ie opposite Bendigo Bank) in Yarraman from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets are held on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Saturday each month and they feature trash and treasure stalls, car boot sellers, local produce and hand-made goods, as well as food stalls. Everyone is welcome and if you'd like to book a stall yourself - it's only $10! - phone 0498-540-340.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers from 7:00am to 1:00pm today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Back To Basics Music Muster - Proston
- The fourth day of the five day Back To Basics Music Muster will be held at 1385 Proston-Boondooma Road (13km west of Proston) today. The Muster will feature performances from Vanessa Sanger, Luke O'Shea, Rob Breese, Kerry Kennedy, Howdy, Jeff Brown, Alice Benfer, Reece Blinman, Lach McKay, The Rusty Ringers, Clarrie Weller, Clyde Cameron and Bob Walters plus walk-up acts and bush poetry. There's free camping onsite and toilets (but no showers) and open fires are allowed. Coffee and food vendors will also be onsite, but guests should BYO seating and liquid refreshments. Tickets to the Muster are $40 per head per day or $95 for a five-day pass but must be booked in advance. Tickets can ordered by phoning the organisers direct on 0412-884-482 or on the Muster website.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed runs at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Ros Gregor Parkrun - Nanango
- The Nanango parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Ros Gregor Trail at Tipperary Flat next to the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Railway Parkrun - Proston
- The Proston parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the former railway line and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Parkrun - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail at Blackbutt from 7:00am this morning. The starting line is adjacent to the Roy Emerson Museum, off Bowman Road. Runners follow a course along the former railway line and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online (it's officially called the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail parkrun) and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Byte Nite At The Pool - Murgon
- South Burnett PCYC's popular "Byte Nite @ The Pool" will be running at the Murgon Swimming Pool in Gore Street, Murgon from 4:00pm to 7:00pm this evening. It's a free night of fun, games and dinner for up to 80 people hosted by local volunteers. Everyone is welcome but children under 14 must be accompanied by a supervising adult, and there's a maximum of four under-12s per adult. For more information, contact the South Burnett PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or visit the PCYC's Facebook page.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
- South Burnett junior cricketers will be in action from 8:00am today. In Stage 1, Kingaroy will play Nanango Scorpions at the River Road Oval in Kingaroy. In Stage 2, Nanango Scorpions face Tingoora Vikings at the Alan Downie Sportsfields in Nanango; and at Kingaroy State School, Kingaroy Kookaburras will play Kingaroy Cobras. And in Stage 3, Kingaroy will take on Nanango Scorpions at Taabinga State School. After this, Round 14 of the senior cricket competition will kick off at 12:30pm, with Tingoora Vikings playing Kingaroy Services Orange at Tingoora Sportsground; Kingaroy Services Blue playing Nanango Scorpions at Taabinga State School; Murgon Diggers playing Wondai Wolves at the Murgon Sportsgrounds; and Wooroolin Warriors playing Tingoora Huntsmen at Lyle Vidler Oval in Kingaroy. Finally, in the Gympie A Grade Two Day Competition, Murgon Crusaders will play the Gympie Harlequins at Murgon Sportsgrounds at 12:30pm, while the Wooroolin Warriors play Gympie Colts at Jack Ison Oval in Gympie. Spectators are very welcome at all games.
Saturday Morning Tennis - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Tennis Club in Hart Street, Blackbutt (just up the road from the Radnor Hotel) will be running Saturday morning social tennis games from 7:30am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details? Phone Roy on 0407-378-795
Coffee, Cake & Chat - Kingaroy
- A free Coffee, Cake & Chat morning for people suffering from depression will be held at the Kingaroy Library in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. Apart from a great morning tea, the meeting will host a guest speaker from Beyond Blue. More details? Phone the library on (07) 4189-9256.
Moore Hall Markets
- The monthly Moore Markets will be held outside the Moore Soldiers Memorial Hall off the D'Aguilar Highway in Moore from 7:00am to around 12:00 noon today. The markets are held on the 3rd Saturday of every month and feature hand painted china; hand made jewellery; hand crafted dolls; quilts; biscuit tin banjos; jade; wooden toys; delightful handmade bags; plants; bric-a-brac; antiques and collectables; tea cosies; baby clothes; tea towels; candles; soaps; cakes; jams and pickles, and more. There's also great brekkies available inside the Hall, and with Christmas drawing ever closer Santa will be paying a visit today as well. Everyone is welcome!
Saturday Night Bingo - Kilkivan
- Bingo games will be played at the Kilkivan Bowls Club in Crescent Street, Kilkivan from 5:00pm tonight (eyes down at 6:00pm). There'll be 10 games on offer with great prizes - including a $370 jackpot - and play books are just $10 each. Food and drinks will also be available for purchase, and there'll be great raffle prizes to win as well. Everyone is welcome!
Legal Info Session - Kilkivan
- The Kilkivan Action Group will be holding a workshop at Kilkivan Hall in Bligh Street, Kilkivan from 2:00pm to 5:00pm today to provide landholders with information about their rights in the Action Group's on-going campaign against Powerlink installing transmission lines across privately-owned properties in the former Kilkivan Shire as part of the Borumba Dam Pumped Hydro project. The workshop will be addressed by James Daniel from D & D Law, and all interested people are welcome. More details? Email Katy McCallum by 5:00pm on Friday, February 9 by clicking here.
Junior Tennis Program - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Tennis Club in Hart Street, Blackbutt (just up the road from the Radnor Hotel) will be starting a 4-week Junior Tennis Program today. The program will offer one hour sessions for beginners aged from 5 to 10 years of age, along with a two hour Rising Stars program for young tennis players aged 10 and upwards. The program will run on Saturdays from 8:00am and you can find out more on the Tennis Club's Facebook page.
Saturday, 17 February 2024
Add your event