Friday, 16 February 2024
Add your event
Come & Play Day - Nanango
- The Nanango & District Netball Association will be holding a Come & Play Day at their courts in 55 Appin Street West in Nanango from 4:00pm to 5:00pm this afternoon. The event is aimed at young girls and boys aged 5 to 10 and it's free. More details? Phone the club on 0448-256-512 or send them an email
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Grit - Goomeri
- The Perseverance Street Theatre Company will be bringing their performance of the show "GRIT: The Town, The Stories, The Music" to the Hall Of Memory in Boonara Street, Goomeri at 6:00pm tonight as part of their 2024 Local Halls tour. Tickets to the show are $20 for adults and $15 for concessions and students, and they can be purchased at the door. You can read more about tonight's show on the theatre company's website
Friday Night Darts
- The Nanango Darts Club at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango will be running its regular weekly practice night from 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-2255.
Karaoke Superstar - Nanango
- The Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be running its Friday night Karaoke Superstar competition from 7:00pm until late tonight. This 10 week songfest began on January 5 and will conclude with a Grand Final on Friday, March 15, with one grand finalist winner chosen each week. Anyone is welcome to enter and there's no fee to take part. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1208.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting, or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer. The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Line Dancing - Kingaroy
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite the police station) from 9:30am to 12:00 noon today. A $5 dancing fee applies (which includes morning tea) and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Vicki on 0427-461-538
Friday Social Golf & Dinner - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and the club's very popular Friday night dinner will be running after 5:30pm. More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare on (07) 4162-5439.
Back To Basics Music Muster - Proston
- The third day of the five day Back To Basics Music Muster will be held at 1385 Proston-Boondooma Road (13km west of Proston) today. The Muster will feature performances from Vanessa Sanger, Luke O'Shea, Rob Breese, Kerry Kennedy, Howdy, Jeff Brown, Alice Benfer, Reece Blinman, Lach McKay, The Rusty Ringers, Clarrie Weller, Clyde Cameron and Bob Walters plus walk-up acts and bush poetry. There's free camping onsite and toilets (but no showers) and open fires are allowed. Coffee and food vendors will also be onsite, but guests should BYO seating and liquid refreshments. Tickets to the Muster are $40 per head per day or $95 for a five-day pass but must be booked in advance. Tickets can ordered by phoning the organisers direct on 0412-884-482 or on the Muster website.
Nanango Theatre Company Auditions
- The Nanango Theatre Company will be holding an Auditions Night at their playhouse at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango from 7:00pm this evening. The theatre company is seeking seven women and two men aged between 25 and 60 for upcoming productions, and auditions are open to everyone with an interest in amateur dramatic productions. More details? Phone Jon on 0407-631-611 or Val on 0497-032-528
Musical Afternoon - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting a musical afternoon at the Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 1:00pm to 3:00pm today with Noel and Diane Sterinhardt providing the vocals and instrumentals on keyboasrd, guitar and saxophone. Admission is just $5 - which includes afternoon tea - and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-6191.
Friday Bingo - Murgon
- Bingo games will be held at Murgon RSL's Welfare Drop-In Centre at 44 Stephens Street West, Murgon from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4313-3018.
Friday Night Karaoke - Wondai
- The Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai will be hosting a Karaoke Night from 8:00pm until late this evening. The hotel's kitchen will also be open for dinner or snacks. More details? Phone the Cecil on (07) 4137-7716.
Junior Golf - Murgon
- The Murgon Golf Club off the Bunya Highway south of the CBD will be running junior golf games from 4:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. Club membership is $20 per annum and Friday golfing fees are $3 per week. All young players are welcome! More details? Phone Liam on 0407-590-019.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Murgon
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Murgon every Wednesday and Friday at 12:30pm at the Baptist Church at 94 Macalister Street, and members who can't make it in person can join in the meeting online via Zoom. For more information (or help with a Zoom connection) phone 0427-137-140.
Friday, 16 February 2024
Add your event