Thursday, 01 February 2024
Add your event
Vanessa Quai & Merlissa Buchholz - Kingaroy
- Gospel, pop and reggae singer Vanessa Quai and pianist Melissa Buchholz will be performing in concert at Church In The Marketplace at 4 Ivins Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. Vanessa is a cultural icon in the Pacific and her music is filled with positivity, energy and vibrancy that's loved by fans across the southern hemisphere. After a stand-out show at Toowoomba's Empire Theatre, she's appearing in the South Burnett tonight as part of her Australia-wide tour. Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for concessions or $50 for a family, and they can be booked online.
RADF Information Sessions - Wondai and Murgon
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding information sessions for residents interested in applying for a Regional Arts Development Fund grant in the current - or future - RADF grants rounds. Today's sessions will be held at the Council Office meeting room in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 9:00am to 10:00am; and at the Council Office Meeting Room at 42 Stephens Street West, Murgon from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Note: Two other sessions will be held in Nanango and Blackbutt tomorrow.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 6:45pm (for a 7:00pm start) this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of every month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Nanango Stags Training Night
- The Nanango Stags A-grade soccer team will be training at the Alan Downey Sports Fields in Burnett Street, Nanango at 6:30pm tonight. During the season the Stags train every Tuesday and Thursday night and potential new players are always welcome.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Yarraman Progress Association Meeting
- The Yarraman Progress Association will be holding its monthly meeting at the Yarraman Library in Toomey Street, Yarraman at 6:00pm this evening. All interested people are very welcome to attend.
Thursday Tai Chi - Nanango
- A Thursday morning Tai Chi class will be held under the shade sails at Ringsfield House's gardens at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango at 8:00am this morning (or at Nanango Showgrounds if it's raining). The class is a social group and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Gary on 0487-853-617.
Thursday Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road in Blackbutt will be running social golf games from 3:00pm this afternoon. For just $5, guests can play six holes in the great outdoors in a relaxing atmosphere. The bar will also be open and pies, mushy peas and potatoes will be available as well. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4163-0180.
Indoor Bowls - Wooroolin
- Indoor bowls matches will be played at Wooroolin Hall on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4164-2398.
GardenCare Group - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy's GardenCare Group will be holding its weekly meeting at Centacare's gardens behind the church at 15 Albert Street from 9:00am this morning, followed by a BBQ lunch around noon. The group lets keen gardeners mingle and have fun on a regular basis, and new gardeners are always welcome. More details? Phone Centacare on (07) 4162-5439.
Kilkivan QCWA Meeting
- Kilkivan QCWA will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Park Street from 10:00am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on 0434-709-369 or Debbie on 0410-069-149
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Monday meeting at their club's workshop in Shed 1 in the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 1:00pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets in Kingaroy every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427.
Thursday Line Dancing - Wondai
- Line dancing classes will be held at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 9:30am to 12:30pm today. A small dancing fee applies and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Vicki on 0427-461-538
Conversation, Cuppa & Craft - Proston
- The Farm at 276 Boondooma Dam Road in Proston will be running its weekly Conversation, Cuppa & Craft session (BYO craft) from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. Everyone is welcome.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their building at 5-23 Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The Men's Shed is open every day (except Sundays) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone the Men's Shed on 0477-235-429
Burnett Rockers Dance Class - Kingaroy
- The Burnett Rockers will be holding their weekly Rock & Roll Dance Classes in the GB Hall at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 6:30pm until around 9:00pm tonight. The classes are designed for all ages and all levels - from absolute beginners to advanced dancers - and are run in a family-friendly, non-competitive atmosphere. Class fees are $15 and tea, coffee and water are available on site for a gold coin donation. Everyone is welcome!
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango Services Club in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Night Trivia - Nanango
- The Nanango Services Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be running its weekly trivia competition from 6:30pm tonight. Playing fees are a gold coin donation and the club's servery will be open for dinner or snacks. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Yoga Class - Yarraman
- A yoga class will be held at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman at 9:00am this morning. The class is held weekly and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0408-988-100.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 01 February 2024
Add your event