Bunya Mountains Markets
- The monthly Bunya Mountains Markets will be running at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains today. The markets feature up to 30 stands selling quality, locally-produced fresh produce, arts and crafts and they'll be operating from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Local cafes like Poppies On The Hill and The Bunya Mountains Cafe will be offering special Market Day menus and morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas, and walking trail maps will be available from both cafes, the Bunya Mountains General Store and market stalls if you'd like to take a walk through the adjoining National Park. More details? Phone (07) 4668-3126.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Cricket - Kingaroy
- The Under 13s Wide Bay XI will be taking on Brisbane North in Round 4 of the Queensland State Challenge at the Kingaroy Cricket Club at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am this morning. The squads feature some of the best young cricketers in the State, including four South Burnett players, and spectators are very welcome. There'll also be a sausage sizzle running as well if you get peckish.
Queensland Personal Watercraft Club Races - Boondooma
- The Queensland Personal Watercraft Club will be holding the second (and final) day of a two-day race meeting at Boondooma Dam today. Club members take part in competitive jet ski races and this weekend's meeting is the second last for the year (the final race meeting will be held at Redcliffe on December 19). Spectators and potential new members are very welcome.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389