NAIDOC Day - Cherbourg
- Cherbourg will be holding its annual NAIDOC Day celebrations from 10:00am to 2:00pm today in the park opposite The Ration Shed Museum in Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg. NAIDOC - the National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee - is now an annual celebration of Indigenous culture. NAIDOC usually runs from the first Sunday in July to the second Sunday, but was deferred nationally this year due to the pandemic. This year's celebrations will include the food and market stalls; the presentation of Cherbourg's annual Community Awards; and a "Cherbourg's Got Talent" talent quest, which can produce some remarkably good performances. This will also be a COVID Safe event, but everyone is welcome. You can also read more about what 2018's NAIDOC Day was like - and see photos - on our website
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning (COVID Safe rules apply). New members - male and female - are very welcome, and you should BYO morning tea. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Graham House Outreach - Blackbutt
- Murgon's Graham House will be bringing their Emergency Relief Outreach Service to the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The service provides assistance with food and utility bills and also runs a no-interest loan scheme, and it's open to anyone experiencing tough times. More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400 or 0447-683-492.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Tuesday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
Tuesday Night Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 7:00pm tonight (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the BDTHA on 0458-539-821 or send them an email.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.