Goomeri Food Vans Christmas Carnival
- Goomeri will be holding another of their new Food Van Nights from 5:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening at Goomeri's Market Square behind Joe's Grand Hotel - and since the Christmas season has started, tonight's get-together will also be the town's Christmas Carnival with an appearance from Santa, live entertainment from Natalie Fenton and Christmas Carols by students from Goomeri State School, along with a licensed bar. There'll also be a big fireworks display sponsored by Northern Agriservices Goomeri and as usual, the night will feature a range of food vans from Gympie and the Sunshine Coast offering dishes that are usually unavailable locally (unless you cook them yourself). Tonight's get-together is being run by the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival committee as a festive season "thankyou!" to the town. This is a family friendly, pet friendly and COVID Safe outing with plenty of chairs and tables for you to eat dinner at. There's also no admission charge (though a gold coin donation would be very much appreciated) and everyone is welcome!
Free Movie Night - Yarraman
- Toowoomba Regional Council and Youth Connect will be running a free outdoor movie night at the Yarraman Recreation Grounds (near Errol Munt Park) this evening. Things will kick off at 4:00pm with food stalls offering a range of dining possibilities, plus 12 multi-draw Christmas raffles offering the chance to win great prizes. After this, the movie classic "Miracle On 34th Street" will begin screening at 7:00pm. Tonight's event will be run under COVID Safe conditions and everyone is encouraged to BYO chairs or blankets to watch the show.
Australia Stock Horse AGM - Inverlaw
- The South Burnett branch Australian Stock Horse Association will be holding its Annual General Meeting from 10:30am this morning at Stockhaven Australian Stock Horse Stud at 962 Kingaroy Burrandowan Road, Inverlaw at 10:30am this morning. Members and non-members are invited to come along and find out more about the local association. For more information or to RSVP, Kristie on 0418-157-212 or by email
- The Yarraman Progress Association's Yarraman Markets will be held on the vacant block at the corner of the D'Aguilar and New England Highways (ie opposite Bendigo Bank) in Yarraman from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets feature trash and treasure stalls, car boot sellers, local produce and hand-made goods, as well as food stalls, and are held weekly. Everyone is welcome and if you'd like to book a stall yourself - it's only $5! - call Joe on (0459) 638-282. Note: All patrons and stallholders are asked to observe proper social distancing to stay safe.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.