Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Thursday Night Yoga - Kingaroy
- A one hour yoga class will be running at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 7:00pm tonight. Class fees are "pay as you feel" and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Phoebe on 0421-253-171
Gender-Based Violence Light Show - Kingaroy
- A short video made to highlight gender-based violence (GBV) - made by local volunteers - will be projected onto the peanut silos in Haly Street, Kingaroy around 6:30pm tonight as part of a project by South Burnett Centacare to highlight "16 Days Of Activism" against GBV. The short video will also be projected onto the silos tomorrow evening before shifting to the Kingaroy Cinema where it will also be shown.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.