- Voting in the USA election began late yesterday afternoon and the final polling booths will close (in Alaska) at 5:00pm Australian time today. A record 95 million pre-poll votes were cast before today's election, so it may take a long time to get a final result. However, if there is a marked swing towards one candidate or the other in the crucial "swing states", this may be known by mid-afternoon or early this evening and provide some indication of whether Joe Biden or Donald Trump will be the USA's president for the next four years. The ABC's "Planet America" will be providing in-depth, expert coverage of today's election on ABC Channel 2 from 9:38pm tonight, which will also look at the implications that a Biden or Trump presidency might have for Australia.
State Of Origin Night - Goomeri
- The Goomeri Pumpkin Festival committee will be holding a special State Of Origin Night at the Goomeri Showgrounds in Laird Street from 6:00pm onwards this evening. For $5 per person (or $10 for a family) you can enjoy a range of exotic food vans, a licensed bar and big screen coverage of the match, as well as the chance to win great raffle prizes donated by the Festival's committee and Mark Smith Menswear. Everyone is welcome!
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Brekkie With BIEDO
- The Burnett Inland Economic Development Organisation (BIEDO) will be hosting another in their series of virtual business breakfasts from 7:00am to 8:00am today. The meeting will be held online using Zoom and will be addressed by special guests. The Zoom link is available here. More info? Call BIEDO on 0400-695-456
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.