KCCI Breakfast Meeting - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry will be holding a breakfast meeting at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy at 6:30am this morning (for a 7:00am start). Gympie Chamber Of Commerce president Tony Goodman will be a special guest speaker, and he'll be discussing how the Gympie Chamber works with all levels of government to achieve its ends. Today's breakfast is limited to 100 guests due to COVID restrictions and is open to both KCCI members and non-members. Tickets are $35 per person and need to have been booked and paid for by November 3. They can be obtained by contacting the KCCI by email.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Marcus Mission - Murgon
- The Wesley Mission Queensland will be holding a free Marcus Mission BBQ and workshop at 109 Macalister Street in Murgon from 4:00pm to 9:00pm tonight (BBQ is 4-5pm; workshop runs from 5-9pm). The aim of Marcus Mission is to reduce the number of male suicides in the community by training mentors to detect and counsel men at risk of this, and all interested people are welcome to attend. More details? Phone 1300-969-216 from 8:00am to 4:30pm Mondays to Fridays.
Yarraman Progress Association AGM
- The Yarraman Progress Association will be holding its Annual General Meeting at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm tonight. All interested people are welcome to attend.
South Burnett Toastmasters
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 6:45pm (for a 7:00pm start) this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Thursday Night Yoga - Kingaroy
- A one hour yoga class will be running at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 7:00pm tonight. Class fees are "pay as you feel" and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Phoebe on 0421-253-171
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.