2020 Relay For Life On Air AuctionThe South Burnett's annual Relay For Life auction will be held on CROW-FM 90.7 between 6:00am and 10:00am this morning. Relay For Life is a fundraiser for the Queensland Cancer Council that draws support from all parts of the South Burnett, but this year its usual $100,000-plus fundraising efforts were derailed by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, organisers are undeterred and they will be holding their traditional auction of rare sporting memorabilia and other items live on local radio this year. Everyone is welcome to tune in and listen to the bidding wars or - even better! - put in a bid or two dozen themselves. You can get a full list of all the items that will go under the hammer this morning on our website
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Gender-Based Violence Light Show - Kingaroy
- A short video made to highlight gender-based violence (GBV) - made by local volunteers - will be projected onto the peanut silos in Haly Street, Kingaroy around 6:30pm tonight as part of a project by South Burnett Centacare to highlight "16 Days Of Activism" against GBV. After tonight, the video will be shifting to the Kingaroy Cinema where it will also be screened.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Classic Tones - Yarraman
- The Royal Hotel on the D'Aguilar Highway at Yarraman will be hosting Classic Tones Live Music from 5:30pm until 9:30pm tonight, and dancing is now allowed too! There's no admission and everyone's welcome. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-8219.
Alex The Frenchman & Friends - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Alex The Frenchman will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets in Kingaroy from 7:00pm tonight, along with a few friends. Admission is free. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.