Linville Heritage Festival
- The first day of the inaugural, three-day Linville Heritage Festival will be held at Linville and Moore today to celebrate 110 years since the first train arrived at Linville. The festival will kick off with the opening of a photographic exhibition about the long-forgotten Linville Picnic Races at the Old Church Gallery in Moore (open from 10:00am to 4:00pm) and this will be followed by a Camp Fire Cook Off at the Linville Hotel (4:00pm to 5:00pm), and then a night of country rock at the pub from 6:00pm accompanied by an outdoor, big screen slideshow from 7:00pm. Free camping will be available in the centre of the village for those who want to stay over, and the festival's main activities will occur tomorrow and Sunday.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Tucker & Chop - Kingaroy
- Popular local blues and rock duo Tucker & Chop will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until around 11:30pm tonight. Admission is free. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Toowoomba Councillor Visit - Cooyar and Yarraman
- Toowoomba Regional Councillors Kerry Shine and Geoff McDonald will be visiting Cooyar Hall on the New England Highway, Cooyar at 9:30am this morning to meet residents and discuss any local concerns. After this, they'll be moving to the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman for a similar session with Yarraman residents. You can book a meeting with them by phoning 131-872.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.