State Of Origin
- The third (and final) State Of Origin match between the Maroons and Blues will be played at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane from around 7:10pm tonight. The Maroons won the first round of this ultimate annual rugby league competition and the Blues secured an equaliser in the second round, so tonight's high-stakes match will decide the 2020 winner and you can expect a very fast paced, hard fought match with both sides giving it their all. Most clubs and hotels in the region will be broadcasting the match on big screen TVs tonight if you enjoy watching the game with other league fans, or you can stay at home and watch the match on free to air TV.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.