Funds raised through the Mayor’s Red Earth South Burnett Flood Appeal are now available to community groups to deliver projects to affected primary producers and businesses.
The appeal raised more than $80,000 in total and has already distributed $51,500 to farming families in the form of South Burnett Dollars (vouchers for businesses in the South Burnett).
The next stage, which will distribute funds collected via donations to the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal website, will enable community groups to fund projects which deliver community-wide benefit.
“The funding is to support projects that address community health, well-being and resilience. Programs can focus on community education, volunteer support and community activities,” Mayor Wayne Kratzmann said.
“Projects might include first aid or other training for a group of farmers in an area, a special event or something similar. Bugger the Drought or Women’s Pamper Days may also be considered if a community group wishes to organise them.
“We invite existing community groups to apply so we can support our communities in the way that suits them – each community of primary producers is different and we want them to determine what will benefit their community the most.
“We will be seeking applications from across the South Burnett, as the flood impact was widespread in our region.”
Funding will be available for up to $2000 per project.
Applications close next Monday (March 10).
“Some flood appeal funding is still available for eligible individuals and late applications would still be considered,” mayor Kratzmann said.
Application forms are available by emailing the Red Earth Community Foundation
For any queries about eligibility and projects, contact Louise Judge on 0438-625-710.
- Council Seeks Ideas For Community Flood Projects
- $2000 Boost For Flood Appeal
- Winners Are Grinners!
- MPs To Attend Community Breakfast
- PNG Helps Out South Burnett
- Golf Day For Flood Appeal
- Olympic Effort For Appeal
- Flood Appeal Funds Start Flowing
- $400 Boost For Appeal
- Flood Appeal Passes $60,000
- Flood Appeal Funds Released
- Kratzie Back On Air
- Cash Floods In To Radiothon
- $17,500 Raised So Far
- Giving Farmers A Sporting Chance
- Micra Makes A Big Impact
- Easter Concerts For Flood Relief
- Kitchen Donated To Flood Appeal
- Test Star Will Be Guest At Fundraiser
- Donations Start To Roll In
- Can You Help The Cash Flood In?