Rock & Roll Dance Lessons - Nanango
- Rock & Roll Dance Lessons will be held at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango from 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The cost for a 2-hour lesson is $10 and beginners are very welcome. Classes are being held fortnightly in preparation for this year's Waterhole Rocks rock & roll festival on October 14-16, and you can read more about them (and see videos) on our website.
- The weekly Kilkivan Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Hivesville Country Markets
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to around 1:00pm today. These family friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month, and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. There'll also be mini auctions running throughout the morning and there's plenty of free parking in the grounds. New stallholders are very welcome too, and you can obtain more details by phoning Trish on 0459-493-511.
- The Durong Markets will be held at Durong Hall on the Wondai-Chinchilla Road at Durong from 7:30am to around 12:30pm this morning. The markets feature fresh fruits and vegies and bric-a-brac, and new stallholders are always welcome. These markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month. Site fees are $10 inside the hall (table provided) or $5 outside (for BYO gazebos) and you can book a space by
phoning Nat on 0448-689-981 or Leah on 0499-899-913.
South Burnett Tabletop Gamers - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Tabletop Gamers is a small but passionate tabletop games club servicing the South Burnett. Members' core interests usually cover a wide range of board, card and miniatures games, but the group is always on the lookout for new games to play. The main systems current members do play include Warhammer 40k/30k (Games Workshop), Mordheim, 9th Age, Batman Miniatures Game (Knight Models), Infinity (Corvus Belli), Star Wars X-Wing (Fantasy Flight), Magic the Gathering (Wizards), Pokemon TCG, Wrath of Kings (Cool Mini or Not) and a variety of other board games. The group meets at the 1913 Council Chambers behind the Kingaroy Visitor Information Centre in Haly Street, Kingaroy every second Sunday from 10:00am until around 4:00pm. More details? Phone Daniel on 0407-730-815 or send him an email.
Sunday Social Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be hosting their regular Sunday social bowls games from 1:00pm this afternoon. Teams will be club selected and new players are very welcome! More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Timbertown Woodworkers Group - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389