South Burnett Regional Council Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding its monthly general meeting at the Glendon Street Council Chambers in Kingaroy at 9:00am this morning. Meetings are open to the public.
Yarraman Community Forum
- CANCELLED A Community Forum will be held in Yarraman tonight to help formulate a community action plan. Toowoomba mayor Paul Antonio, TRC councillors, Member for Nanango Deb Frecklington, and council Community Liaison Officer Bronwyn Holland have been invited to attend. The forum will be held at Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 5:30pm. NB. The Yarraman Community Council meeting which was to be held this evening has been cancelled.
Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch Meeting
- The Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch will be holding their third monthly meeting for 2014 at their new venue - the QCWA Rooms next to Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy - from 6:00pm to around 7:30pm tonight. The Twilight Branch is a new branch of the QCWA formed last year which is designed for working women and busy mums. It meets in the evenings and is separate from the traditional Kingaroy branch (which meets during the day). The Twilight Branch is open to all women who'd like to take part in QCWA activities and/or find out more about this highly respected community organisation. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Lois on (07) 4162-3824. You can also read more about the new branch on this page of our website; and now you can also email the branch by clicking here.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy will be hosting Wednesday night poker games this evening. Registration starts at 6:30pm and the first cards are dealt at 7:00pm. There are $150 in prizes to be won and no fees to play. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group Meeting
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $4 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Andrea on (07) 4163-1607 or Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Karaoke Practice Night - Wondai
- Love2Sing will be meeting at The Studio (the small building behind the Wondai Regional Art Galley on the roundabout at Wondai) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening for a Karaoke Practice Night. This informal group allows karaoke singers to practice their songs, share tips and learn in a supportive environment. Entry is just a gold coin donation to cover the cost of electricity (which is given to the Gallery) and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926 or Geoff on (0468) 694-438.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Blackbutt Red Cross Meeting
- The Blackbutt Red Cross branch will be holding their monthly meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members are very welcome.
Blackbutt Camera Club Meeting
- The Timber Towns Digital Art Association (also known as the Blackbutt Camera Club) will be holding a meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 4:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. The club meets on the first and third Wednesdays of every month except December and January. The first Wednesday is devoted to practical photography (bring your camera and equipment) and the third Wednesday to a review of those images and talks and tips on software (bring your laptop), followed by a committee meeting at 7:00pm. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Annette on (07) 4163-0148 or send her an email.
Wednesday Night Social Bowls - Proston
- The Proston Bowls Club in Murphy's Lane (just behind the hardware store) will be holding social bowls from 6:45pm this evening. There'll be food, a bar, bowls and free tuition available. Everyone is welcome! More details from the bowls club on (07) 4168-9332.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Judo Club Training Night - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon from 4:30pm to around 7:00pm this evening. Juniors will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm, then seniors from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors, $6 for seniors, and new members are very welcome! More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004.
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with $800 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) at 7:30pm this evening. New members are always very welcome.
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the Artie Kerr Centre (right next to the Dept. of Transport) in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed). More details? Phone Sandi on (0403) 838-347
Timbertown Woodworkers Group Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers Group will be holding their regular Wednesday meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 4:00pm today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Wednesday Night Zumba - Wondai
- Basic Zumba exercise classes will be held at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street from 6:15pm to 7:15pm tonight. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Shirley on (0408) 598-505.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Wondai
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other to help solve their common problems and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, and AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. AA Murgon meets in Wondai at the Lutheran Hall at 39 Edward Street every Wednesday at 7:30pm. More details? Phone (07) 4168-9715 or (0407) 150-216.