Hivesville Christmas Carnival
- Hivesville will be holding its annual Christmas Carnival in Anzac Park from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm tonight. The carnival is organised by the Hivesville Progress Association and it will feature a sausage sizzle and light refreshments, live entertainment from the Seventh Day Adventist Church Choir (who'll be performing Christmas carols), a visit from Santa at 7:00pm and raffle drawings at 8:00pm. Afterwards, the nearby Hivesville Hotel will be offering live music from 8:00pm to 11:00pm. Everyone is welcome! Note: southburnett.com.au originally had this event listed for December 5. This was based on information provided to us which later proved to be incorrect. We apologise to any readers who were inconvenienced by this.
Yarraman Community Christmas Carols
- The annual Yarraman Community Christmas Carols service - organised by the Yarraman Progress Association - will be held at Errol Munt Park on the New England Highway at Yarraman from 6:30pm onwards this evening (carols start at 7:00pm). This is a free community event featuring local artists and there'll be a BBQ operating as well if you get peckish. Everyone is welcome! (Note: in the event of wet weather, this event will be relocated to the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street).
Community Breakfast - Murgon
- A free community breakfast will be held at the Murgon Visitor Information Centre in Lamb Street, Murgon between 7:00am and 9:00am this morning to mark almost two years since the 2013 floods swept across the South Burnett. SES crews and emergency services personnel will be on hand to talk about disaster management issues; SBRC Mayor Wayne Kratzmann will also be in attendance to answer questions on any topic at all; and there'll be live entertainment and an outside broadcast by CROW-FM 90.7. Today's breakfast is the last in a series of five held across the region, and everyone is welcome.
Goomeri Christmas Carnival
- The annual Goomeri Christmas Carnival, organised by Goomeri Lions, is on again tonight from 5:30pm in L.E. Dickinson Park.
Endeavour Foundation Christmas Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Endeavour Foundation will be running Christmas Bingo games at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). Today's bingo games are the last for the year (they'll be back on January 16th after a Festive Season break) and there'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles. All proceeds will go to help people with an intellectual disability, and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Endeavour's Kingaroy Kitchen on (07) 4162-2254. PS: The Endeavour Foundation is looking for a Bingo Caller for their Friday bingo games. If you're interested. post or drop resume to Endeavour Kingaroy Kitchen at 17 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy 4610 or phone 0427-622-918 for more details.
Country Music Practice Night - Nanango
- The Nanango Country Music Friends will be holding their weekly practice night at the Wesleyan Church in Cairns Street, Nanango at 6:30pm this evening. The group is open to people of all skill levels who enjoy playing country music, and you can find out more details by phoning (07) 4163-2469.
Friday Night With The Sultan Of Sax - Wondai
- The South Burnett's very own "Sultan Of Sax" Tom McKenzie will be playing on the rear deck of the Wondai Hotel & Cellars in Haly Street, Wondai from 6:00pm until late tonight. Dinner will be available in the Cellar's restaurant from 6:00pm onwards and pizzas will also be availble too. More details or bookings: phone the Cellars on (07) 4168-5274.
Men's Shed - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Men's Shed will be open from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and 2:00pm to 4:00pm today behind the Salvation Army's headquarters at 44 Alford Street in Kingaroy. The shed is open to all men who'd enjoy the companionship of other men while undertaking woodwork, metalwork or similar projects or who'd just enjoy a chat. More details? Phone the Salvos on (07) 4162-5246.
Friday Social Golf - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway at Kingaroy will holding their regular Friday 9-ers 9 hole social golfing sessions for men and women from 8:00am until dusk today. Everyone is most welcome (including non-members) and green fees are $11 for members or $14 for non-members for the nine holes - but this also includes a card draw for prizes in the clubhouse in the evening (there's also a Jackpot card draw on the last Friday of each month). More details? Phone the Golf Club on (07) 4162-1720
Friday Night Darts - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Darts Association will be holding their regular weekly Social Competition Night from 7:00pm to 10:00pm at their premises at Shed 1, 18 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. This is a 3-a-side event with a $5 playing fee, and a fully licensed bar will be operating along with raffles. New players are always very welcome, and the club caters for all skill levels from novice to expert. You can obtain more details by phoning Kurt on (0403) 400-771 (after 5:00pm) or Bianca on (0431) 954-023.
Friday Bingo - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt RSL & CMC at the corner of Muir and Douglas Streets, Blackbutt will be holding bingo games at 10:30am this morning (eyes down). There'll be a $250 jackpot and everyone is welcome. More details from the RSL on (07) 4163-0383.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club at 81 Brigooda Road in Proston will be holding its regular Friday afternoon social golf competition from 2:30pm this afternoon (tee-off is at 3:00pm). This is a 9-hole social competition where "Proston Rules" give handicaps a completely new meaning. New players are very welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-9380 or visit the website
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their reglar Friday Afternoon Scroungers at 3:00pm. New players are welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Blue Light Skating - Nanango
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their regular third Friday of the month U13s To U18s Skating Night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. A canteen will be operating too. Admission is $5. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4163-1211.
Neil Duddy - Kingaroy
- Popular country rock entertainer Neil Duddy will be performing in the Purple Room at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:30pm to 11:30pm this evening. Admission is free. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 7:30am today (the new time is for today only!) at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $35 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joane on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.