Thursday Farmers Markets - Kingaroy
- Growing The Burnett will be holding their Mid-Week Markets in Kingaroy today. The markets feature fresh food and crafts produced exclusively in the South Burnett, and are held in O'Neill Square in Haly Street, Kingaroy between 1:00pm and 6:30pm. You can read more about them on our website. Note: If you'd like to book a stall, phone Brian on (0417) 756-528. You can also find out more information on Growing The Burnett's Facebook page.
Free Legal Information Session - Murgon
- ATSILS will be hosting a free Legal Information Session at the Graham House Community Centre at 21 Taylor Street East in Murgon from 1:00pm to 3:00pm today. Qualified lawyers will provide plain English explanations of some of the common issues that arise in contracts; the options available to people suffering financial hardship; and answers to other common financial issues. The session is totally free and a great afternoon tea will be provided as well. It's open to members of the Indigenous community and service providers. More details? Phone Julia Anderson at ATSILS on (07) 3025-3888.
National Seniors Bus Trip To Redcliffe
- The Murgon branch of National Seniors will be running a scenic bus tour to Redcliffe today. A bus will depart Murgon at 6:30am and pick up in Wondai at 6:40am, Tingoora (6:50am), Kingaroy (7:20am), Nanango (7:40am) and Yarraman (7:55am). Tickets for the trip are $58 per head all inclusive (ie bus fare, morning tea, lunch and a 2-hour tour of Redcliffe). Anyone aged 50 or more is welcome to come along - whether you're a National Seniors member or not - but you'll need to book (and since previous bus tours have been completely booked out, the sooner the better if you really want to be sure of a seat). You can obtain more details and/or make a booking by phoning Paula on (07) 4168-3114 or (0438) 708-885.
Thursday Night Karate - Nanango
- Ko Tora Kai Karate Do will be running its regular Thursday night karate classes at the CWA Hall in Fitzroy Street, Nanango (opposite Foodworks) from 6:00pm to 7:30pm this evening. The classes teach karate and self-defense for children, adults and families. The first class is free and if you decide to join, fees are $7 per class thereafter (discounts apply for families). Every level of fitness is catered for too. More details? Phone Kathryn on 0431-744-617 or send her an email
Thursday Evening Zumba - Kingaroy
- Zumba dance fitness classes will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy between 6:00pm and 7:00pm this evening. Class fees apply. More details? Phone Angie on 0402-551-147.
Futsal Winter Series Grand Finals - Kingaroy
- The Grand Finals of the South Burnett's Winter Series futsal will be held at the Kingaroy State High School Sports Auditorium from 6:00pm onwards this evening, when D-Gen play off against Gunnettes, followed by Barambah v Gunners at 6:45pm and then Panthers v A-Team at 7:30pm. Spectators and supporters are very welcome. More details? Phone Debbie Ovens at KSHS on (07) 4160-0666.
Country Music Night - Nanango
- An informal Country Music Night will be held at the Nanango Uniting Church in Gipps Street at 7:30pm tonight. The get-together is open to both spectators and performers, and the $2 entry fee includes supper. Everyone is welcome!
Women's Shed - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Women's Shed will be open from 9:00am to 3:00pm today behind the Salvation Army's headquarters at 44 Alford Street in Kingaroy. The shed is open to all women who'd enjoy the companionship of other women while undertaking woodwork, metalwork or similar projects or who'd just enjoy a chat. More details? Phone the Salvos on (07) 4162-5246.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be holding bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Ulysses Club Thursday Breakfast Ride - Kingaroy
- The Ulysses Club (motto: "Grow Old Disgracefully") will be holding their regular Thursday morning Breakfast Ride today, departing from the Kingaroy Hotel at the corner of Youngman and Haly Streets at 8:00am for a ride to breakfast in a cafe (the cafe varies from one week to the next). Visitors and prospective new members are very welcome!
Proston SES Training Night
- The Proston SES group will be meeting at their shed at the corner of Collingwood and Nelson Streets in Proston at 6:30pm this evening for their regular weekly training night. New members are very welcome!
Thursday Morning Social Bowls - Wondai
- The Wondai Country Club on the Bunya Highway at Wondai will be holding social bowls games from 9:30am this morning. Green fees are $10 per player and everyone is welcome. More details? Contact Hazel on (07) 4168-5420.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website.
Thursday Evening Zumba - Yarraman
- Zumba dance fitness classes will be held at the Over 50s Hall in Emmert Street, Yarraman between 6:00pm and 7:00pm this evening. Class fees apply. More details? Phone Leisa on (0438) 304-961.
Thursday Afternoon Karate - Murgon
- Shorinjiryu Karate classes will be held at the Anglican Church Hall at 31 Taylor Street, Murgon at 5:15pm this evening. Classes are $6 for all young people up to 18, and $7 for adults. New students are always welcome! More details? Phone Leanne on (07) 4169-5930 or (0438) 684-705 or email her.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Rick on (0448) 527-448.
Social Tennis - Proston
- Social tennis games will be held at the Proston Tennis Courts on Wondai Road, Proston at 7:00pm this evening. Court fees are $3 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Kyle on (07) 4168-9365 or ask at the Proston Newsagency.
Murgon RSL Bingo
- The Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon will be holding bingo games in the club's premises from 10:30am until around 12:30pm this morning. There's no admission fee, a $700 jackpot prize and new players are very welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Beginners Dance Lessons - Kingaroy
- Old Time and New Vogue beginners dance lessons will be held at the Kingaroy CWA Hall in Kingaroy Street (just next to the RSL) at 6:00pm sharp this evening. Dance fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-6294.
Tai Chi For Health - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy's "Tai Chi For Health" classes will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman Streets this morning. The Intermediate Class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, and it will be followed by the Beginners Group between 10:15am and 11:15am. The two groups meet weekly at the same time and place (except for school holidays). More details? Phone June on 0419-026-760 or Jan on 0434-891-600.
Yarraman Progress Association AGM
- The Yarraman and District Progress Association will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Yarraman Comnmunity Hall in Browne Street at 5:30pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Proston PA&H Society AGM - Proston
- The Proston PA&H Society will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Proston Showgrounds at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Charlotte The Emu Memorial Meeting - Wondai
- CROW-FM 90.7 will be holding a fifth meeting at their studio at the corner of Haly and Scott Streets in Wondai at 6:30pm this evening to discuss plans for erecting a memorial for Charlotte the emu (ie Wondai's town emu), who was run over and killed in May this year. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.