Federal Budget Information Session - Kingaroy
- Member for Nanango Deb Frecklington and Opposition Leader Lawrence Springborg will be at the Kingaroy Hotel at the corner of Youngman and Haly Streets in Kingaroy from 5:00pm to 7:00pm this evening to present a free information session on the 2015 Federal Budget for the business community. You can find out how small businesses can take advantage of things like accelerated depreciation, tax cuts, cuts in red tape, employment wage subsidies and more. Local accountants from Mortimer and Co will also be on hand to answer questions, and nibbles will be provided as well. However, to assist with catering, an RSVP to the Nanango Electorate Office on (07) 4162-1381 by May 26 would be greatly appreciated.
Kingaroy Girl Guides Meeting
- The Kingaroy Girl Guides Troop will be meeting at the Guides Hut in Mant Street, Kingaroy this afternoon. U9s will meet from 4:00pm to 5:30pm, and seniors (ages 10-18) from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. The Girl Guides meet weekly during school terms and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone Amanda on (07) 4162-8215 or 0417-076-756
Nanango Playgroup Meeting
- The Nanango Playgroup will be holding its regular Wednesday meeting at the Nanango Darts Club at the corner of Elk and George Streets between 9:30am and 11:30am this morning. The playgroup is a group of mums, dads, grandparents and caregivers who meet together each week with their children (aged 5 years and under) for interaction and fun. It's a great way for children to learn about the world, make friends and develop social skills. The playgroup also gives the adults a chance to meet and share ideas and experiences. It's a very relaxed group and new members are always welcome - just bring along $2 to help cover costs and a plate of morning tea to share. More details? Contact Natasha on (0438) 654-337.
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $4 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Andrea on (07) 4163-1607 or Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Graham House Comunity Garden - Murgon
- The Graham House Community Garden group will be meeting at the Graham House Community Centre at 21 Taylor Street East in Murgon from 10:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. The group tends a community garden and meets on the first and third Wednesdays of each month during school terms. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more information by phoning Kerry on (07) 4169-8400 or by emailing her.
Timbertown Woodworkers Group Meeting
- The Timbertown Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Mondays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Man Cave - Kingaroy
- The Sister Dolores Carroll Training Centre at St Mary's Catholic College at 10 Kent Street in Kingaroy will be transforming into a "Man's Cave" between 6:30pm and 10:00pm tonight. Qualified instructors will be demonstrating the use of all the equipment in the centre - great stuff like lathes, drills etc - and if you're a man interested in restoring or manufacturing wood or metal products and socialising with other men who have similar interests, then this could be the place for you! (similar to a Men's Shed, but with a lot more gear). There's no charge to come along and it's completely non-religious. More details? Phone Mark Richard on 0404-851-134.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be hosting Wednesday night poker games this evening. Registration starts at 6:30pm and the first cards are dealt at 7:00pm. There are cash prizes to be won and no fees to play. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Organ Donation Info Session - Kingaroy
- The Taabinga Rotary Club will be holding a free information evening about organ donation at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm for a 6:15pm start tonight. At this 45-minute session you'll learn why you should register to be an organ doner; find out how to register; and discover what happens, when it happens and who benefits. You can RSVP for a place by phoning Mick on 0407-037-718 or by by emailing him.
Burnett Birdkeepers Association Meeting - Nanango
- The Burnett Birdkeepers Association will be holding their monthly meeting at the Les Fogg Pavilion inside the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street, Nanango at 7:00pm this evening. The Association meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month and most meetings usually feature a guest speaker talking about a particular breed or other matters of interest to birdkeepers. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4163-1668.
Wednesday Night Judo - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon this evening. Junior classes will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and seniors from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors and $6 for seniors. More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004