NDIS Workshop - Murgon
- A workshop on the National Disability Insurance Scheme will be held at the Graham House Comunity Centre at 21 Taylor Street East in Murgon from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The workshop is free for parents and carers aged over 60 or if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, aged over 45, and a light lunch will be probvided. However for catering purposes it's necessary to RSVP and register by July 28. You can obtain a PDF flyer about today's workshop by clicking here. More details? Phone Kerry at Graham House on (07) 4169-8400 or 0447-683-492.
Kingaroy Girl Guides Meeting
- The Kingaroy Girl Guides Troop will be meeting at the Guides Hut in Mant Street, Kingaroy this afternoon. U9s will meet from 4:00pm to 5:30pm, and seniors (ages 10-18) from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. The Girl Guides meet weekly during school terms and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone Amanda on (07) 4162-8215 or 0417-076-756
Nanango Playgroup Meeting
- The Nanango Playgroup will be holding its regular Wednesday meeting at the Nanango Darts Club at the corner of Elk and George Streets between 9:30am and 11:30am this morning. The playgroup is a group of mums, dads, grandparents and caregivers who meet together each week with their children (aged 5 years and under) for interaction and fun. It's a great way for children to learn about the world, make friends and develop social skills. The playgroup also gives the adults a chance to meet and share ideas and experiences. It's a very relaxed group and new members are always welcome - just bring along $2 to help cover costs and a plate of morning tea to share. More details? Contact Natasha on (0438) 654-337.
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $4 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Andrea on (07) 4163-1607 or Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Nanango Cricket Club AGM
- The Nanango Scorpions Cricket Club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at their club house at the Burnett Street sports fields at 7:00pm this evening. The club would like to see as many faces as possible to really get the season underway, and juniors, seniors and parents all very welcome.
Timbertown Woodworkers Group Meeting
- The Timbertown Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Mondays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Man Cave - Kingaroy
- The Sister Dolores Carroll Training Centre at St Mary's Catholic College at 10 Kent Street in Kingaroy will be transforming into a "Man's Cave" between 6:30pm and 10:00pm tonight. Qualified instructors will be demonstrating the use of all the equipment in the centre - great stuff like lathes, drills etc - and if you're a man interested in restoring or manufacturing wood or metal products and socialising with other men who have similar interests, then this could be the place for you! (similar to a Men's Shed, but with a lot more gear). There's no charge to come along and it's completely non-religious. More details? Phone Mark Richard on 0404-851-134.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Night Judo - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon this evening. Junior classes will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and seniors from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors and $6 for seniors. More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be hosting Wednesday night poker games this evening. Registration starts at 6:30pm and the first cards are dealt at 7:00pm. There are cash prizes to be won and no fees to play. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Kingaroy Local Ambulance Committee Meeting
- The Kingaroy Local Ambulance Committee will be meeting at 7:30pm tonight at the Kingaroy Ambulance Station at 29 Edward Street. The LAC are looking for new members, and if you'd like to find out more phone (07) 4162-1723. You can also read more about the South Burnett's LACs on our website.
BeefUp Forum - Kilkivan
- Meat & Livestock Australia will be holding a BeefUp Forum for beef cattle producers at the Kilkivan Public Hall in Bligh Street, Kilkivan at 11:30am this morning. The forum will provide practical tools and information to improve results based on the latest R&D, market information and on-farm production techniques, and will be delivered by industry experts. Admission is $20 per business and you can register your attendance by calling MLA on 1800-675-717.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.