Blackbutt Christmas Festival Official Opening
- The 15th annual Blackbutt Christmas Festival will be officially opened with a Wine, Cheese and Art Night at the Blackbutt Community Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt at 6:00pm this evening. Tonight's get-together is sponsored by the South Burnett Regional Council and will feature a welcome address by South Burnett Mayor Wayne Kratzmann, displays by local artists and craft workers, wines from Kingsley Grove Estate and food from the Bunya Nut Cafe. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
Rising Stars Playgroup - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Rising Stars Playgroup will be meeting at the Yarraman State School Meeting Room between 8:45am and 11:30am this morning. Children involved in the playgroup will get to enjoy a morning of indoor and outdoor play and fun; develop pre-reading and pre-writing skills; form strong relationships with other children; and transition to school more smoothly. If you're bringing your child along, you should also bring along morning tea, a water bottle, a hat, closwed-in shoes suitable for climbing and old clothes (sunscreen will be provided). The playgroup meets every Monday during school terms. More details? Phone Verelle O'Shanesy on (07) 4173-7333
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone 0428-741-274
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at Nukku Nook at the head of the Blackbutt Rail Trail in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on (07) 4163-0413 or send her an email.
Timbertowns Touch Competition - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman Rugby League Club's touch football competition will be running tonight at the Blackbutt rugby league grounds (ie Ian “Bunny” Pearce Oval), with Juniors (aged 5-14 years) kicking off at 5:00pm followed by Opens (men's, women's and mixed teams) at 6:00pm. This is a six-a-side competition and cost is $5 per person per game. Food and drinks will be available at the ground.
Wondai SES Meeting
- The Wondai SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at their shed in McCord Street, Wondai from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Anyone from the Wondai and Tingoora areas who's interested in joining the SES or just finding out more about what's involved is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Dean on (0409) 480-553
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Sing Australia Meeting - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (07) 4163-2291 or (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Ken Baines Morning Tea - Kingaroy
- Centacare South Burnett will be holding their monthly Ken Baines Memorial Morning Tea at the Biscuit Tin at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy at 9:30am this morning. Everyone is welcome for a relaxed cuppa and chat - and you can bring a friend if you like! More details? Phone Centacare on (07) 4162-5439.
Graham House Community Kitchen - Murgon
- The Graham House Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Graham House Community Centre in Taylor Street, Murgon from 10:00am to around 12:00 noon this morning. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400.
Monday Night Futsal - Murgon
- Barambah United Soccer Club and the Murgon PCYC will be holding a Monday night futsal competition at the PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon from 5:00pm this afternoon. Players must be PCYC members (for insurance purposes) and there'll be a small game fee to help cover costs, but all new players are welcome. More details? Phone Sarah on 0429-686-001.
St Patricks School Christmas Concert - Nanango
- St Patricks School in Alfred Street, Nanango will be holding its annual Christmas Concert from 5:00pm this evening. This year's concert will be led by visiting music teacher Shane Parry and will feature performances from all the school's classes. The concert will get underway with a sausage sizzle at 5:00pm and the concert itself will begin at 6:00pm. Everyone is welcome!
Movember Shave-Off - Murgon
- A big Movember Shave-Off will be held at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon at 7:30pm tonight to mark the end of Movember. A variety of beards and moustaches will be going under the shavers and everyone is welcome to come and see what lies underneath.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Wondai
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other to help solve their common problems and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, and AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. AA Murgon meets in Wondai at the Lutheran Hall at 39 Edward Street every Monday at 10:00am. More details? Phone (07) 4168-9715 or (0407) 150-216.