Wondai Carols In The Park
- The annual Wondai Carols In The Park community carols will be held at Coronation Park in Wondai's CBD from 6:00pm tonight. In addition to performances by local choirs and a visit by Santa there'll also be a BBQ, soft drinks, tea and cofee available - all you need to bring is a blanket or portable chairs for seating. Carols In The Park is sponsored by the Wondai Chamber Of Commerce and in the event of wet weather, itwill be held indoors at the Wondai Diggers Club a few blocks further along Mackenzie Stret. Everyone is welcome and admission is free!
Timbertown Woodworkers Group Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers Group will be holding their regular Wednesday meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 4:00pm today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Annual Christmas Remembrance Service - Kingaroy
- Virgo Funerals will be holding their 5th annual Christmas Remembrance Service at their chapel in the South Burnett Crematorium at Pioneer Avenue, Kingaroy (opposite Taabinga Cemetery) at 6:30pm this evening. This year's non-denominational service will be officiated by a minister from the Kingaroy Ministers Fraternal and will be followed by refreshments in the chapel's gardens afterwards. The purpose of the service is to allow people to remember and commemorate a loved one who's passed away in the company of others and there's no charge to attend - but an RSVP to help plan the catering would be greatly appreciated. You can make one by phoning Virgos on (07) 4162-7988 or by emailing them
Summer Soccer 7s - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Football's second annual Summer Soccer 7's competition will hold its final weekly match at Tom Alford Oval in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. The competition - which has both a social series and a competitive series - is designed to help soccer players keep fit during the off season and also have fun with the game they love. Its open to beginners and retired players as well as current players between the ages of 15 and 60, and both men and women can take part. The 9-week competition will run on Wednesdays through to December 11. More details? Phone Mick North on (07) 4162-3333 or Thomas Carroll on (0419) 775-928.
Irrigation and Floodplain Planning Information Day - Mondure
- Here's one for the farmers: a free Irrigation and Floodplain Planning Information Day will be held at Mondure Hall in Mondure from 10:00am this morning through until 3:00pm this afternoon. The event is being hosted by the Burnett Mary Regional Group and the State and Federal Governments, and will include discussions on floodplain management planning issues; irrigation systems and water efficiency; financial issues; energy planning; and a field walk to inspect two different local irrigation systems - one latersl and the other pivot. Morning tea and lunch will be provided, but to assist with catering an RSVP is essential. You can make one - if you call by December 5 - by phoning Vikki Evans or John Day at BMRG on (07) 4169-0720 or by emailing them.
Vision 21 Information Session - Kingaroy
- An information session about the Vision 21 Community Leadership Program will be held at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street in Kingaroy from 5:00pm to about 6:00pm this evening. Vision 21 is modelled on the State Government's former Building Rural Leaders programme, which finished in 2008. You can read more about the Vision 21 program on our website.
Blackbutt Golf Club AGM
- The Blackbutt Gof Club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at their clubhouse at 51 Langton Drive, Blackbutt at 7:30pm this evening. All interested people are welcone to attend.
Lift For Life Session - Wondai
- The South Burnett Regional Council's Healthy Communities program will be holding a gold coin donation "Lift For Life" strength training program at the Wondai Squash Courts at 98 Edward Street in Wondai from 9:30am to 10:30am this morning. This new program - which offers a six-month, low cost course in strength training for people of all ages and fitness levels - will help prevent and/or manage Type 2 diabetes and other chronic health conditions. Lift For Life sessions are held twice-weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays and if you plan to attend you should bring comfortable shoes, a towel, a water bottle and (if applicable) medication. More details? Phone Fran on (0407) 172-768.
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with $800 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy will be hosting Wednesday night poker games this evening. Registration starts at 6:30pm and the first cards are dealt at 7:00pm. There are $150 in prizes to be won. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Wednesday Wipe-Outs Ten Pin Bowling - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Lively 50s&60s Social Group will be resuming their weekly Wednesday Wipe-Outs 10-Pin Bowling Morning at the Kingaroy Ten Pin Bowling Alley at 4 Irvins Street from 9:15am this morning (bowling starts at 9:30am sharp). The cost is $15.60 for three games plus a $2.00 fee that will be used towards prize monies and trophies which will be handed out out at the end of the season. Everyone aged 50 to 69 is welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Carmel on (07) 4164-2253.
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) at 7:30pm this evening. New members are always very welcome.
Wednesday Night Zumba - Wondai
- Basic Zumba exercise classes will be held at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street at 6:00pm tonight. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Shirley on (0408) 598-505.
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the Artie Kerr Centre (right next to the Dept. of Transport) in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed). More details? Phone Sandi on (0403) 838-347
Karaoke Practice Night - Wondai
- Love2Sing will be meeting at The Studio (the small building behind the Wondai Regional Art Galley on the roundabout at Wondai) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening for a Karaoke Practice Night. This informal group allows karaoke singers to practice their songs, share tips and learn in a supportive environment. Entry is just a gold coin donation to cover the cost of electricity (which is given to the Gallery) and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926 or Geoff on (0468) 694-438.
Wednesday Morning Zumba - Nanango
- Zumba dance fitness classes will be held at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango at 9:00am this evening. The class fee is $5 and everyone is welcome.
Play 500 - Mondure
- Mondure Hall at Mondure will be holding their regular Wednesday night 500 card games from 6:30pm onwards this evening. Admission is $1.00 and new players are very welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-4971
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Wondai Senior Citizens Club Christmas Break-Up Meeting
- The Wondai Senior Citizens Club will be holding their Christmas Beak-Up at the Wondai Diggers Club in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 12:00 noon onwards today. The $5 break-up will feature a great lunch, singalongs, card games, bingo, Beatles and prizes. Membership of the club is just $5 per year and meetings normally have a $2 fee (to help pay for the afternoon tea), but they're great fun and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Graham on (07) 4169-0093 or (07) 4168-5598.
Nanango Probus Club Meeting
- The Nanango Probus Club will be holding its regular monthly meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Fitzroy Street, Nanango (opposite Foodworks) from 9:30am onwards this morning. The club meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month and meetings usually feature guest speakers talking on a variety of topics, as well as a great morning tea and chats. The group also arrange a number of special outings during the course of the year. New members are always very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Pat on (07) 4171-0662
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Wondai
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other to help solve their common problems and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, and AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. AA Murgon meets in Wondai at the Lutheran Hall at 39 Edward Street every Wednesday at 7:30pm. More details? Phone (07) 4168-9715 or (0407) 150-216.
Kingaroy Lions Club Dinner Meeting
- The Kingaroy Lions Club will be holding their bi-monthly Dinner Meeting at the Kingaroy Hotel at the corner of Haly and Youngman Streets in Kingaroy (opposite McDonalds) from 6:30pm onwards tonight. The Kingaroy Lions are involved in a very wide range of community activities in Kingaroy and surrounding areas all year round and anyone who's interested in joining a Lions Club (or simply socialising and seeing how Lions operate) is very welcome to come along! Kingaroy Lions Club dinners are held on the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month, and you can obtain more information by phoning Neil on (07) 4162-3742 or by emailing him. Note: Tonight's meeting is also the annual Christmas break-up. Meetings will resume on the 4th Wednesday in January 2014.
Barambah United Football Club AGM - Murgon
- The Barambah United Football Club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street at 6:30pm this evening. All members are encouraged to attend.