Red Earth Foundation Dinner - Booie
- The Red Earth Foundation will be holding a dinner at Cassis Restaurant at the corner of Haydens and Schellbacks Roads at Booie at 5:30pm (for a 6:00pm start) this evening. The purpose of the dinner is to explain the Foundation's aims, objectives and accomplishments to date. Tickets are $75 per person and you can obtain more details by phoning Georgie on 0428-390-984. You can also read more about this dinner on our website.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Mondays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Kingaroy Girl Guides Meeting
- The Kingaroy Girl Guides Troop will be meeting at the Guides Hut in Mant Street, Kingaroy this afternoon. U9s will meet from 4:00pm to 5:30pm, and seniors (ages 10-18) from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. The Girl Guides meet weekly during school terms and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone Amanda on (07) 4162-8215 or 0417-076-756
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Timbertown Woodworkers Group - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Seniors Having A Ball - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be holding a "Seniors Having A Ball" exercise class from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The program is designed to address the issues that many have with ageing and it's not just for seniors! It provides light exercise to keep the heart and joints moving, improving coordination and mobility. It also provides a beginner platform to start any fitness activity on. As well as physical fitness, it also has a fun social atmosphere too. The class fee is just $4 for PCYC members or $7 for non-members. More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Man Cave - Kingaroy
- The Sister Dolores Carroll Training Centre at St Mary's Catholic College at 10 Kent Street in Kingaroy will be transforming into a "Man's Cave" between 6:30pm and 10:00pm tonight. Qualified instructors will be demonstrating the use of all the equipment in the centre - great stuff like lathes, drills etc - and if you're a man interested in restoring or manufacturing wood or metal products and socialising with other men who have similar interests, then this could be the place for you! (similar to a Men's Shed, but with a lot more gear). There's no charge to come along and it's completely non-religious. More details? Phone Mark Richard on 0404-851-134.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be hosting their regular Wednesday Ladies Bowls matches from 9:00am today. New players are very welcome! More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.