Australian Model Flying Day - Booie
- The Kingaroy Aeromodellers Society will be holding an Australian Model Flying Day at the KAMS flying field at 844 Booie-Crawford Road, Booie from 8:30am (when the day will kick off with a club pilots breakfast, followed by official speeches at 10:00am) until late this afternoon. KAMS members fly model aeroplanes of all types, and today's annual get-together draws fellow modellers from all over south-east Queensland. It's also a great opportunity for locals to come try the sport as well. Admission is free, and there'll be a sausage sizzle and soft drinks on sale if you get peckish. More details? Phone John on 0408-879-286, Neil on 0418-987-422 or Darryl on 0409-623-310.
Hivesville Country Markets
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to around 1:00pm today. These family friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month, and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. There'll also be mini auctions running throughout the morning and there's plenty of free parking in the grounds. New stallholders are very welcome too, and you can obtain more details by phoning Trish on 0459-493-511.
Sunday Social Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be hosting their regular Sunday social bowls games from 1:00pm this afternoon. Teams will be club selected and new players are very welcome! More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
- The weekly Kilkivan Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Timbertown Woodworkers Group - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
- The monthly Durong Markets will be held at Durong Hall on the Wondai-Chinchilla Road at Durong from 7:30am to around 12:30pm this morning. The markets feature fresh fruits and vegies and bric-a-brac, and new stallholders are always welcome. These markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month. Site fees are $10 inside the hall (table provided) or $5 outside (for BYO gazebos) and you can book a space by
phoning Nat on 0448-689-981 or Leah on 0499-899-913.