South Burnett Wine Appreciation Society - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Wine Appreciation Society will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the 1913 Council Chambers in Edward Street behind the Kingaroy Visitor Information Centre from 6:30pm onwards this evening. Tonight's meeting will feature a tasting of selected Spanish wines and everyone is welcome. The Wine Appreciation Society is open to anyone who'd like to learn more about wines and the $10 or so meeting fee covers all wine tastings and nibbles. More details? Email Bruce by clicking here or phone Dafyd on (07) 4162-3899 during business hours.
Free Multiple Sclerosis Information Session RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can RSVP to attend next Wednesday's free Multiple Sclerosis Information Session at DAFF's Taabinga Room in Kingaroy (see entry that day for all details).
Friday Morning Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Endeavour Foundation will be running bingo games at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help people with an intellectual disability. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Endeavour's Kingaroy Kitchen on (07) 4162-2254
Friday Night Sax - Wondai
- The South Burnett's very own "Sultan Of Sax" Tom McKenzie will be playing at the Wondai Hotel & Cellars in Haly Street, Wondai from 6:00pm until late tonight. Dinner will be available in the Cellar's restaurant from 6:00pm onwards and pizzas will also be availble too. More details or bookings: phone (07) 4168-5274.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their reglar Friday Afternoon Scroungers at 3:00pm. New players are welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
National Red Balloon Day - Kingaroy
- Tomorrow is the second annual National Red Balloon Day, a new day when Australians are being encouraged to show their support for our brave urban, auxiliary and rural firefighters by flying a red balloon from their letterbox, fence, business window or a ribbon from their car. To mark it, the South Nanango Rural Fire Brigade will be running at stand at Kingaroy's Big W store inside Kingaroy Shoppingworld today. They'll also have balloons and stickers on sale, as well as information on how to join a rural fire brigade if you're interested.
Last Man Standing Bowls Competition - Murgon
- The Murgon Bowls Club in Macalister Street, Murgon will be holding a "Last Man Standing" knockout bowls competition at 5:30pm this evening. This fun event is for teams of four players, who take to the green with two bowls each and try to get their two bowls as close to the kitty as possible. At the end of each round, the bowl furthest from the kitty is removed from play, and this elimination process continues until there’s only one bowler left (who is “The Last Man Standing”). Matches take about 45 minutes and the green fee is a modest $2. Both bowlers and non-bowlers are very welcome! You can find out more by phoning the Murgon Bowls Club on (07) 4168-1043, President Allen Mitchell on (07) 1468-1664 or Secretary Richard on (07) 4168-3093.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 11:00am to 1:00pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $35 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joane on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.