Thursday Farmer's Markets - Kingaroy
- Growing The Burnett will be holding their Mid-Week Markets in Kingaroy today. The markets feature fresh food and crafts produced exclusively in the South Burnett, and are held in O'Neill Square in Haly Street, Kingaroy between 12:00 noon and 6:30pm. You can read more about them on our website. Note: If you'd like to book a stall, phone Brian on (0417) 756-528. You can also find out more information on Growing The Burnett's Facebook page
Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA Meeting
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman branch of the QCWA will be holding its regular monthly meeting at Nukku Nook in Bowman Road, Blackbutt at 9:00am this morning. New members are very welcome!
Murgon Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing Group
- The Murgon Spinning, Weaving & Dyeing Group will be holding a meeting at Graham House at 21 Taylor Street East in Murgon from 9:00am to 2:00pm today. The group is open to anyoe interested in learning spinning, weaving or dyeing and it meets on the first and third Thursdays of each month. More details? Phone Enid on (07) 4168-2614, Judy on (07) 4168-4634 or Judith on (07) 4168-5698.
40th Annual Open Charity Golf Day - Kingaroy
- POSTPONED The Quota Club of Kingaroy will be holding their 40th annual Open Charity Golf Day at the Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south-west of town from from 8:45am onwards today. This fun golf day is open to men and women and includes novelty events, raffles, a cent auction and prizes for winners, runners-up and close approaches. Nomination fees are $20 (which includes morning tea and lunch) and the names sheet is at the clubhouse (names in by 8:45am for a 9:00am tee-off). More details? Phone the Kingaroy Golf Club on (07) 4162-1720.
Thursday Night AFL Training - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints men's and women's AFL teams will be holding their regular Thursday night training session at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 5:45pm tonight. Extra women's players are very welcome, and so are spectators.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon today. Comunity Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Blackbutt Tennis Group Meeting
- The Blackbutt Tennis Group - a newly formed community group that wants to re-establish the Blackbutt Tennis Club and restore Blackbutt's tennis courts - will be meeting at Nukku Nook at the end of Hart Street, Blackbutt at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are very welcome to attend. More details? Phone Iris on 0418-741-254.
Thursday Evening Futsal - Kingaroy
- Futsal matches in Juniors, Youth and Seniors divisions will be held at the Kingaroy State High School Sports Auditorium from 3:45pm onwards this afternoon. Spectators are very welcome. More details? Phone Debbie Ovens at KSHS on (07) 4160-0666.
Kingaroy RSPCA Volunteers Induction Session
- The Kingaroy RSPCA on Warren Truss Drive at Kingaroy Airport will be holding an induction session for volunteers at 10:00am this morning. The RSPCA recently upgraded their shelter and they need volunteers to help with a wide variety of tasks - anything from gardening to chatting with cats. More details? Phone the Kingaroy RSPCA Shelter between 10:00am-5:00pm on (07) 4162-5501. You can also read more about current volunteer vacancies at the shelter on our website.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website.
Country Music Night - Nanango
- An informal Country Music Night will be held at the Uniting Church Hall in Gipps Street, Nanango at 7:30pm tonight. The get-together is open to both spectators and performers, and the $2 entry fee includes supper. Everyone is welcome!
Murgon RSL Bingo
- The Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon will be holding bingo games in the club's premises from 10:30am until around 12:30pm this morning. There's no admission fee, a $700 jackpot prize and new players are very welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Proston SES Training Night
- The Proston SES group will be meeting at their shed at the corner of Collingwood and Nelson Streets in Proston at 6:30pm this evening for their regular weekly training night. New members are very welcome
Old Time Dancing - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm this afternoon. Admission is $2 and everyone is welcome. More details from the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889.
Yarraman Progress Association Meeting
- The Yarraman Progress Association will be holding their regular first Thursday of the month meeting at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm this evening. Tonight's meeting is also the group's AGM. Prospective new members, volunteers and anyone else who'd like to see Yarraman move ahead are very welcome! More details? Phone Terry on 0419-582-247.
Nanango & District Garden Club Meeting
- The Nanango Garden Club will be holding their regular first Thursday of the month meeting at 10:00am this morning at a property in the Nanango area. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone Avis on (07) 4163-2313.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
How To Use Technology - Kingaroy
- Would you like to learn how to use computers, the Internet and hand-held devices like tablets or mobile phones? These everyday devices are now used by most people, but there are still many who either don't use them to the full, or may know how to use some of them but not all of them. The Kingaroy Library in Glendon Street will be running free lessons every Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00 noon (starting today) to explain how to use these new technologies. Bring along your mobile computer and/or devices and a USB stick. Goodies and handouts will be provided each session. More details? Phone the Library on (07) 4189-9100
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.