Plant A Poppy Presentation Evening - Kingaroy
- A "Plant A Poppy Presentation Evening" will be held at the Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm tonight to report back to relatives and friends of veterans who were honoured with poppies during the recent trip of a delgation from the South Burnett to Dodewaard and several famous war cemeteries in the Flanders area. The evening is free but to assist with catering an RSVP would be appreciated. You can make one by phoning Bronwyn on (07) 4189-9155 by Friday, July 18. You can also read more about this event on our website.
Bellydance Classes - Blackbutt
- Here's something different! Maya Bellydance will be running the first of nine weekly bellydance classes at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt between 5:30pm and 6:30pm this evening. The classes are aimed at dancers from beginner to intermediate level, and also offer the opportunity for troupe performances as well as fun, fitness and friendship. More details? Phone Judi on 0429-166-318 or send her an email.
Man Cave - Kingaroy
- The Sister Dolores Carroll Training Centre at St Mary's Catholic College at 10 Kent Street in Kingaroy will be transforming into a "Man's Cave" between 7:00pm and 10:00pm tonight. Qualified instructors will be demonstrating the use of all the equipment in the centre - great stuff like lathes, drills etc - and if you're a man interested in restoring or manufacturing wood or metal products and socialising with other men who have similar interests, then this could be the place for you! (similar to a Men's Shed, but with a lot more gear). There's no charge to come along and it's completely non-religious. More details? Phone Fr. Nigel Sequeira on (07) 4162-1958 or Mark Richard on 0404-851-134.
South Burnett Regional Council Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding its monthly general meeting at the Glendon Street Council Chambers in Kingaroy at 9:00am this morning. Meetings are open to the public.
Kingaroy Scout Club Meeting
- The Kingaroy Scout Club, which meets every Wednesday night during school terms, will be holding its regular meeting at the Scout Den in James Street, Kingaroy from 5:50pm to around 8:00pm tonight. Scouting provides instruction in an educational program of life and outdoor skills, mixed with games and craft activities, all designed to develop the physical, mental and emotional development of young males and females between the ages of 7 and 26. Potential new members are always welcome, but parents are asked to contact Group Leader Chris Littlejohns before attending section nights: (07) 4162-8184 or send an email.
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with $800 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) at 7:30pm this evening. New members are always very welcome.
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the Artie Kerr Centre (right next to the Dept. of Transport) in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed). More details? Phone Sandi on (0403) 838-347
Timbertown Woodworkers Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers Group will be holding their regular Wednesday meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 4:00pm today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy will be hosting Wednesday night poker games this evening. Registration starts at 6:30pm and the first cards are dealt at 7:00pm. There are $150 in prizes to be won and no fees to play. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Indoor Bowls Night - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Indoor Bowls Association will be holding their Wednesday night social games at the CWA Hall in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to the RSL) from 7:30pm onwards tonight. New players are very welcome.
Nanango Blue Light Open Night
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their regular Wednesday Open Night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Young people are welcome to come along for skating lessons, homework help (during school term), games and access to the computer room. Entry is $2. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4163-1211.
Kingaroy Lions Club Meeting
- The Kingaroy Lions Club will be holding their bi-monthly Dinner Meeting at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets in Kingaroy from 6:30pm onwards tonight. The Kingaroy Lions are involved in a wide range of community activities in Kingaroy and surrounding areas all year round and anyone who's interested in joining a Lions Club (or simply socialising and seeing how Lions operate) is very welcome to come along! Kingaroy Lions Club dinners are held on the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month, and you can obtain more information by phoning Neil on 0400-478-378 or by emailing him.
Wednesday Night Tennis - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Tennis Association will be holding their Wednesday night fixtures at the Kingaroy Tennis Courts in Oliver Bond Street at 7:00pm this evening. New players are very welcome. More details? Phone Errol on (07) 4162-2178 or Brad on 0409-895-527.
Wednesday Night Netball - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Netball Association will be holding their regular Wednesday night fixtures at the Kingaroy Netball Courts at the corner of Alford and Fisher Streets at 6:30pm this evening.
Judo Club Training Night - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon from 4:30pm to around 7:00pm this evening. Juniors will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm, then seniors from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors, $6 for seniors, and new members are very welcome! More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004.