KCCI Meet & Greet - Kingaroy
- After a two-month break for the festive season, the Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry will be holding its first Meet & Greet for 2016 at "The Nest" inside the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy at 5:15pm this evening (meeting gets underway at 5:30pm). At tonight's meeting, the KCCI has invited all Mayoral candidates in the up-coming Council elections to give brief talks and then answer questions from the floor. A $10 admission fee applies and everyone is welcome, whether they're KCCI members or not, and whether they own businesses or are just ordinary residents. PS: To help plan the catering, an email RSVP to KCCI secretary Paula Greenwood by February 6 would be greatly appreciated.
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at Nukku Nook at the head of the Blackbutt Rail Trail in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on (07) 4163-0413 or send her an email.
Graham House Community Kitchen
- The Graham House Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Graham House Community Centre in Taylor Street, Murgon from 10:00am to around 12:00 noon this morning. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wondai SES Meeting
- The Wondai SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at their shed in McCord Street, Wondai from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Anyone from the Wondai and Tingoora areas who's interested in joining the SES or just finding out more about what's involved is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Dean on (0409) 480-553
Seniors Having A Ball - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be holding a "Seniors Having A Ball" exercise class from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The program is designed to address the issues that many have with ageing and it's not just for seniors! It provides light exercise to keep the heart and joints moving, improving coordination and mobility. It also provides a beginner platform to start any fitness activity on. As well as physical fitness, it also has a fun social atmosphere too. The class fee is just $4 for PCYC members or $7 for non-members. More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Proston QCWA Crafts Group Meeting
- The Proston QCWA Crafts Group will be holding their regular twice-monthly meeting at the Proston QCWA Rooms in Rodney Street from 9:00am to 2:00pm today. The group meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Judith on (07) 4168-9540.
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone 0428-741-274
Rising Stars Playgroup - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Rising Stars Playgroup will be meeting at the Yarraman State School Meeting Room between 8:45am and 11:30am this morning. Children involved in the playgroup will get to enjoy a morning of indoor and outdoor play and fun; develop pre-reading and pre-writing skills; form strong relationships with other children; and transition to school more smoothly. If you're bringing your child along, you should also bring along morning tea, a water bottle, a hat, closwed-in shoes suitable for climbing and old clothes (sunscreen will be provided). The playgroup meets every Monday during school terms. More details? Phone Verelle O'Shanesy on (07) 4173-7333
Sing Australia Meeting - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (07) 4163-2291 or (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Kumbia Quilt & Craft Group
- The Kumbia Quilt & Craft Group meets on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at the Kumbia QCWA Rooms in Bell Street at 7:30pm. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Heather on (07) 4164-4258.
Yarraman Ladies Bowls Club Meeting
- The Yarraman Ladies Bowls Club will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman at 9:00am this morning. New members are very welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-8389.
Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Club AGM
- The Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the South Burnett Motorcycle Rider Training Centre's main building on the Bunya Highway south-west of town at 7:00pm this evening. All members are encouraged to attend.
Maidenwell Community Group AGM
- The Maidenwell Community Group will be holding its Annual General Meeting at Maidenwell Hall at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Wondai
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other to help solve their common problems and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, and AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. AA Murgon meets in Wondai at the Lutheran Hall at 39 Edward Street every Monday at 10:00am. More details? Phone (07) 4168-9715 or (0407) 150-216.