Back To School
- The fourth and final term of the school year begins today and all children attending State schools are required to return to class this morning. Term 4 will conclude on Friday, November 20 for Year 12s and on Friday, November 27 for Year 10-11s. Other students will need to wait until Friday, December 11 to break up for their summer vacation. Motorists should take note that reduced speed limits around school grounds also begin to apply from today and they can face a steep fine for exceeding them - so drive slowly. Note: You can get a copy of the 2015 School Calendar that you can print off and post on your home noticeboard by clicking here.
Elgin Vale QCWA Meeting
- The Elgin Vale branch of the QCWA will be holding their monthly meeting at the Elgin Vale QCWA Rooms at the corner of Manumbar Raod and Porters Road, Nanango from 10:00am to around 12:00 noon today. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Lois on (07) 4162-3824
Kumbia QCWA Meeting
- The Kumbia QCWA will be holding their regular first Tuesday of the month meeting at the Kumbia QCWA Rooms in Bell Street. The meeting will start with a cuppa at 9:30am before getting down to business at 10:00am. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Lil on (07) 4164-4218 or Mollie on (07) 4164-4191.
Danny's Diner - Kingaroy
- Danny's Diner - a free community dinner - will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tonight. The dinner is an initiative of the Kingaroy District Ministry Association for the benefit of anyone who's hungry or otherwise doing it tough. While an RSVP isn't essential, it would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Lenelle on (07) 4162-8482. You can also read more about Danny's Diner on our website.
KSHS P&C Meeting
- The Kingaroy State High School P&C Auxiliary will be holding its monthly meeting at 2:00pm this afternoon at the KSHS Community Building. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Tuesday Night Basketball - Kingaroy
- Tuesday night B-Grade basketball games will be played at the Kingaroy State High School Sports Auditorium this evening. Barracudas will play Panthers at 6:00pm; and Heat will play Blue Lightning at 7:00pm. Spectators are very welcome.
Wine & Food In The Park AGM - Kingaroy
- The Wine & Food In The Park Festival Committee will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy at 5:30pm this evening, followed by a planning meeting for the 2016 Festival (which will be held at Memorial Park in Kingaroy on Saturday, March 12). Anyone who'd like to get involved in this popular annual festival is very welcome to attend. More details? Phone Dafyd on (07) 4162-3899.
Nanango Scout Club Meeting
- The Nanango Scout Club - which meets every Tuesday night during school terms - will be holding its regular weekly meeting at the Scout Den at 40 Henry Street, Nanango (just next to the police station) from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight. The group currently has three sections in operation: Joeys (for children aged 6 to 8 years); Cubs (8-11 years); and Scouts (11-15 years). New members are always very welcome, and so are new leaders and youth members for all sections. More details? Phone Shirley Masnata on (07) 4163-7455 or send her an email.
Tuesday Social Dancing - Kingaroy
- A social dance featuring Old Time and New Vogue styles will be held at the CWA Hall in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy between 6:00pm and 9:00pm this evening. Admission is $5, which includes tea and a light supper. More details? Phone Derrick on (07) 4163-6294
Country Crafters Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Country Crafters will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The group caters for people interested in crafts and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone June on (07) 4170-0054 or Roslyn on (07) 4163-0682
South Burnett Chorale - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 7:30pm to 9:30pm this evening. The Chorale meets every Tuesdy night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4162-1332 or send them an email.
Kingaroy Men's Shed
- The Kingaroy Men's Shed will be open from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and 2:00pm to 4:00pm today behind the Salvation Army's headquarters at 44 Alford Street in Kingaroy. The shed is open to all men who'd enjoy the companionship of other men while undertaking woodwork, metalwork or similar projects or who'd just enjoy a chat. More details? Phone the Salvos on (07) 4162-5246.
Indoor Bowls - Nanango
- The Nanango Indoor Bowls Association will be holding their regular weekly indoor bowls matches at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango at 7:00pm this evening (matches start at 7:30pm sharp). New players are always very welcome. More details? Phone Keith on (07) 4163-1522 or Denise on (07) 4163-2263
Tuesday Trivia Night - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL will be holding a Trivia Night at 6:30pm this evening (gaming starts at 7:00pm sharp). Cost is $2 per person for $60 in prize-money and teams of up to 6 can take part. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Tuesday Morning Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. New members are always welcome and free lesson are available. More details? Phone Chris on (07) 4164-4380.