Back To School
- The first term of the 2017 school year begins today and all school-age children attending State schools are required to return to class this morning. Term 1 will conclude on Friday, March 31 with an eighteen day Easter break. Motorists should take note that reduced speed limits around school grounds also begin to apply from today and you can face a steep fine for exceeding them - so drive slowly.
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone 0428-741-274
Kingaroy Dance Academy Enrolment Day
- The Kingaroy Dance Academy at 2 Gooyong Street in Kingaroy will be holding their 2017 Enrolment Day from 3:30pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. The Academy offers classes in ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, acrobatics, neoclassical and contemporary dance in a fun and positive atmosphere, and today intending students can enrol for 2017, purchase uniforms and shoes and take a tour of the air conditioned studio's facilities. EFTPOS is available too. More details? Phone Miss Kirsten on 0423-696-119 or send her an email.
Sing Australia Meeting - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (07) 4163-2291 or (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wondai SES Meeting
- The Wondai SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at their shed in McCord Street, Wondai from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Anyone from the Wondai and Tingoora areas who's interested in joining the SES or just finding out more about what's involved is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Dean on (0409) 480-553
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at Nukku Nook at the head of the Blackbutt Rail Trail in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on (07) 4163-0413 or send her an email.
Graham House Community Kitchen - Murgon
- The Graham House Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Graham House Community Centre in Taylor Street, Murgon from 10:00am to around 12:00 noon this morning. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400. Note: The Community Kitchen meets every Monday during school terms.
Barambah Shed Men RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can RSVP to attend the Barambah Shed Men's 35th meeting this coming Saturday, January 28 (see entry that day for all details).