Murgon RC Club Fun Day - Murgon
- The Murgon RC Club for radio-controlled cars will be holding a Fun Day at their racetrack next to Angelfield Aerodrome at the end of Macalister Street, Murgon from 10:00am to 2:00pm today (drive w-a-y past the Showgrounds along the dirt road and through the gate marked "Private Property"). Competitors can race their cars around the circuit as much as they like, and there'll be a BBQ lunch and soft drinks available too. Spectators are more than welcome to come along for free, but to take part in the racing you'll need to be a PCYC member ($30 per year for an adult or $60 per family - you can join up on site today) and the fee for racing is $10. More details? Phone the South Burnett PCYC on (07) 4168-1889. You can also read more about this group on our website.
Hivesville Country Markets
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to around 1:00pm today. These family friendly monthly markets feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. There'll also be mini auctions running throughout the morning and there's plenty of free parking in the grounds. New stallholders are very welcome too, and you can obtain more details by phoning Trish on (0459) 493-511
South Burnett Orchid Society Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Orchid Society will be holding their regular last Sunday of the month meeting at the South Burnett Youth Park in Somerset Street, Kingaroy from 2:00pm onwards this aftenoon. The Society exists for orchid enthusiasts of all skill levels, and new members and visitors are always very welcome. More details? Phone Beryl on (07) 4168-1695 (ahrs) or Gary on (07) 4162-8404 (ahrs)
Kingaroy Red Ants AGM - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Rugby League Football Club will be holding its annual general meeting at the clubhouse in Youngman Street, Kingaroy, from 2:30pm today. For more information, contact the secretary
Open Mic Day - Nanango
- The Nanango Darts Club at the corner of George and Elk Streets in Nanango will be holding an Open Mic Jam Session from 1:30pm to around 6:00pm today, hosted by Mr Q. Anyone is welcome to put their name up on the blackboard and - when their turn comes - to perform up to 20 minutes of originals or covers. All PAs, guitars and drums will be provided by Mr Q and there'll be light snacks and a bar running if you get peckish or thirsty. Everyone is welcome along for a great aftenoon of live music and family fun! More details? Phone Tony on (0439) 077-681.
Kilkivan Sunday Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Kumbia & District Historical Society Meeting
- The Kumbia & District Historical Society will be holding its bi-monthly meeting at the Kumbia Museum at the rear of the Kumbia Hall block in Bell Street at 1:30pm this afternoon. New members are very welcome. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384
Wondai Proston Junior Rugby League Football Club AGM
- The Wondai Proston Junior Rugby League Football Club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at their clubhouse in Wondai at 11:00am this morning. All positions are falling vacant and the club is seeking people to take on the roles of Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Registrar. All interested people are very welcome to attend. More details? Phone Kathleen on (07) 4168-5995 or send her an email.
Seafood Sunday - Bunya Mountains
- Lyrics Restaurant at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains - just behind the Bunya Mountains General Store - will be holding their monthly "Seafood Sunday" from 11:00am onwards today (lunch will be served from around noon). The fully-licensed restaurant will be offering a 100% fresh seafood a-la-carte menu, serving seafoods obtained from the coast yesterday - and be warned! The serving sizes are h-u-g-e. However, bookings are essential because places are strictly limited: (07) 4668-3131
Bunya Mountains Markets
- The monthly Bunya Mountains Markets will be running at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains today. The markets will feature 15-20 stands selling quality, locally-produced fresh produce, arts and crafts and will be operating from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Local cafes like Poppies On The Hill and The Bunya Mountains Cafe will be offering special Market Day menus and morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas (as well as Seafood Sunday at Lyrics licensed restaurant - see entry above), and walking trail maps will be available from both cafes, the Bunya Mountains General Store and market stalls if you'd like to take a walk through the adjoining National Park.
Sunday Afternoon Music - Wondai
- The Wondai Hotel & Cellars in Haly Street, Wondai will be holding a relaxed Sunday afternoon of live music from 11:30am onwards today. Lunch and dinner will be available in the Cellar's restaurant and pizzas will be availble on the rear deck too. More details from the Cellars on (07) 4168-5274.
Sunday Afternoon Poker - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy will be hosting Sunday afternoon poker games today. Registration starts at 2:00pm and the first cards are dealt at 2:30pm. There are $150 in prizes to be won and no fees to play. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Sunday Afternoon Darts - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Darts Association will be holding their regular Sunday afternoon Pot Luck Doubles darts competitions from 11:00am to 4:00pm at their premises at Shed 1, 18 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. A $10 playing fee applies, but that includes a great BBQ lunch. New players are always welcome - the club caters for all skill levels from novice to expert - and you can obtain more details by phoning Kurt on (0403) 400-771 (after 5:00pm) or Bianca on (0431) 954-023. Note: Pot Luck Doubles may not run on every Sunday due to other competitions, so call first to check if you really, really want to play PLD today.
Timbertown Woodworkers Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 12:00pm today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389