Blackbutt Boutique Markets
- Blackbutt's Avocado Festival committee will be running their quarterly Blackbutt Boutique Markets & Music Bazaar from 8:00am to 3:00pm today. The markets feature locally handmade products and fresh produce - including avocados! - and local performers will be providing a smorgasbord of musical entertainment to accompany you while you browse and shop (there's opportunities for walk-up acts, too). New stallholders are also welcome - phone 0448-946-702 for more information.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Western Performance Club Open Show
- The South Burnett Western Performance Club will be holding an Open Show at their grounds in Racecourse Road, Nanango from 9:00am to around 4:30pm today. Judge Lorelei Payne will be presiding over this PHAA-approved event, and new riders are very welcome (membership of the club is just $10 for participants). A canteen will be running throughout and spectators are very welcome to come along too. There's no admission charge.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Sesh With Amber Goldsmith - Hivesville
- The Hivesville Hotel in Main Street, Hivesville will be holding a Sunday Sesh with popular South Burnett entertainer Amber Goldsmith from 2:00pm to around 6:00pm this afternoon, with drink specials from 4:00pm and a pizza dinner available afterwards if you're hungry. Due to COVID restrictions all tables need to be booked in advance, but you can easily secure one by phoning the hotel on (07) 4168-9876
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.