Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
South Burnett Autism Support Group
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its second Friday of the month meeting at the Salvation Army Hall at 107 Kingaroy St, Kingaroy at 6:30pm this evening (child care is available for a small fee). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenny after hours on (07) 4164-1107.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Cuppa & Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
NAIDOC Day Public Holiday - Cherbourg
- Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council's offices will be closed today due to the NAIDOC Day Public Holiday that applies to Cherbourg, Mapoon and Yarrabah Shires. The Council's Containers For Change recycling depots at Cherbourg and Kingaroy will also be closed today.
Alex The Frenchman - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Alex The Frenchman will be performing over dinner at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy from 6:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free (dinner isn't). More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162 1055.
Mayor's Budget Meet & Greet - Kingaroy and Nanango
- South Burnett Mayor Brett Otto will be in the Glendon Street Forecourt in Kingaroy from 8:30am to 11:00am today to discuss the Council's upcoming Budget and hear any matters of local concern. He'll then be in Scott Carpark in Nanango from 3:00pm to 5:30pm. The Mayor's visits are part of a seven-town tour he'll be running over the next few days and anyone with a Council-related issue is very welcome to come and talk with him about it. NB. The Nanango location has been updated.
Mr Q At Murgon Services
- The South Burnett's favourite rock and blues band Mr Q will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. Tony, Gavin and the boys will be delivering their upbeat mix of classic pub rock and new faves, and the club's kitchen will be running if you want dinner beforehand or a snack during the show. Everyone's welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Kingaroy QCWA Meeting
- The Kingaroy QCWA will be holding its monthly meeting at its rooms in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to the RSL) from 9:30am this morning. All women are welcome to join the branch - you don't need to be able to cook or sew - and if you join today they'll throw in 3 months membership for free. The QCWA are a fun bunch of girls and they will happily teach you any craft or skill you want to learn. All women are welcome! More details? Phone Lois on (07) 4162-1755.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.