MBDA Meet & Greet - Murgon
- The Murgon Business and Development Association will be holding a Meet & Greet for Murgon district business operators in the function room of the Royal Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon from 5:45pm tonight. Dinners (optional) will be available from the hotel if you want to eat and all Murgon and district businesses are welcome, whether they're currently MBDA members or not. However, to help arrange the catering an RSVP to (07) 4168-2922 or 0417-608-929 by July 28 would be greatly appreciated.
South Burnett Toastmasters
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 6:45pm (for a 7:00pm start) this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
NaTDA Meet & Greet - Nanango
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding a Meet & Greet for Nanango businesses at Nanango RSL in Henry Street from 6:00pm to 7:30pm tonight. Guest speakers include Jason Virtue from the LEAP Program; Cr Roz Frohloff from the South Burnett Regional Council; Gloria Kirkness from NaTDA; and Jane Erkens from Nanango Real Estate. There's no admission and all Nanango businesses are welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-2848 or 0419-608-754.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (doors open at 8:30am; eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Christmas In July - Murgon
- The Murgon RSL Sub-Branch in Lamb Street, Murgon will be holdng a Christmas In July Community Lunch from 11:30am today (serving starts at noon). Bookings will open on July 1 and close on July 16 (or earlier, if sold out). More details? Bookings? Phone 0427-915-533.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Thursday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
BYO Device Day - Murgon
- POSTPONED A BYO Device Day will be held at Graham House at 21 Taylor Street East in Murgon from 10:00am to 1:00pm this morning. This free event will show participants how to sign up to MyGov, link services, set up the Express Plus mobile app and use online accounts on a phone, tablet or laptop. The workshop is being run by Services Australia and will provide essential knowledge if you need to access Federal Government services like Centrelink, Medicare or child support. Everyone is welcome! Note: This same workshop will be run at Cherbourg tomorrow.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 8:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price ($30 to $40) for people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.