Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Mexican Fiesta Night - Kumbia
- Here's something different! The Kumbia Hall Committee will be running their first-ever Mexican Fiesta (Cheap As Corn Chips) Family Night in the Bell Street hall at Kumbia from 5:30pm until late this evening. For just $10 per person or $25 for a family of four, guests can enjoy a great dinner that includes tacos and burritos for adults and chicken nuggets for the kids, a luscious dessert plus bottomless tea or coffee (or you can BYO refreshments if you prefer something different). There'll also be fun games and children's activities to keep everyone amused. To help plan the catering, though, an RSVP by July 26th is necessary, but you can pay at the door on the night. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Linda on 0428-447-581 or email her.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
BYO Device Day - Cherbourg
- POSTPONED A BYO Device Day will be held at Graham House at 13 Fisher Street in Cherbourg from 10:00am to 1:00pm this morning. This free event will show participants how to sign up to MyGov, link services, set up the Express Plus mobile app and use online accounts on a phone, tablet or laptop. The workshop is being run by Services Australia and will provide essential knowledge if you need to access Federal Government services like Centrelink, Medicare or child support. Everyone is welcome!
Love Your Liver - Cherbourg
- A community health day to promote liver awareness will be held in Cherbourg Hospital's grounds from 10:30am to 2:00pm today. The get-together will offer visitors lots of useful information about how to maintain a healthy liver, and there'll also be a free BBQ lunch. You can also read more about this event on our website.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.