Christmas In July - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL will be holding a Christmas In July from 6:00pm onwards this evening. For $35 per head, guests can enjoy a free pot of beer or glass of house wine on arrival, followed by a roast medley and then a delicious Yuletide dessert. Everyone is welcome but prepaid bookings are essential to secure a seat. You can make one by phoning the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Blackbutt History Morning
- The Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association will be holding a History Morning at Nukku Nook opposite the skate park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon today. This month's guest speaker will be Dinah Jones, who'll be discussing the development and decline of sawmilling in the Timbertowns area. The morning is free and everyone is welcome (morning tea is available for just $2). More details? Phone the Museum on (07) 4163-0146, send them an email or visit their Facebook page. PS: The BDTHA will also be launching the latest edition of the Blackbutt Community Directory at this morning's gathering. Local community groups and businesses are very welcome to attend.
DJ Miss Charming - Kingaroy
- DJ Miss Charming will be spinning the platters at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 8:00pm until about 11:30pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Toowoomba Council Update - Yarraman
- Toowoomba Regional Council's councillors will be paying a visit to Yarraman's Memorial Hall in Browne Street at 11:00am this morning to hear any local concerns and provide an update on projects the Council is currently undertaking in the Yarraman district (such as the greatly upgraded Yarraman landfill, or recently completed improvements to Yarraman's swimming pool). The visit is part of TRC's regular community engagement program, and all interested residents are very welcome to come along and suggest ideas or issues they'd like the Council to look into.
Kokedama Workshop - Murgon
- Graham House Community Centre at 21 Taylor Street East in Murgon will be running a Kokedama Workshop from 10:00am to 12:00 noon this morning, where students can learn how to create these popular Japanese hanging planters for their own gardens. Course fees are $45 per head (which includes morning tea) but places are limited so a booking is essential. You can make one and/or find out more information by phoning (07) 4169-8400.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.