Murgon Business Breakfast
- The Murgon Business and Development Association will be holding its monthly meeting at the Royal Hotel at the corner of Gore and Lamb streets in Murgon at 6:30am this morning (entry is via Gore Street). The MBDA represents the interests of the businesses and community of Murgon and districts, and monthly meetings discuss new developments in the area and community projects the group are currently undertaking and/or considering, as well as up-coming events. Breakfast is $19 per head and an RSVP to Margaret on (07) 4168-2922 by 3:00pm on Wednesday, July 7 is necessary for catering purposes. All interested people are very welcome to attend.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Kids Yarn Art Workshop - Kingaroy
- As part of its Winter Crafts Festival, the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy will be running a Kids Yarn Art Workshop for children from 10:00am to noon this morning. For $5 per head, children can learn how to create with yarn under the guidance of Rhonda Schultz. The workshop will be held in the 1913 Council Chambers behind the gallery and parents are welcome as well. Workshop bookings can be made by phoning the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club
- The Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club will be holding its fortnightly meeting at Goomeri's Pumpkin Central offices in Moore Street from 9:00am to around 11:00am this morning. Guests are encouraged to bring along their latest creative project (of whatever type) for input from other members and morning tea will be supplied. The club meets every second Thursday and new members are always welcome.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (doors open at 8:30am; eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Thursday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Mayor's Budget Meet & Greet - Wondai, Murgon & Proston
- South Burnett Mayor Brett Otto will be in McKell Park next to Wondai's Timber Museum from 8:30am to 11:00am today to discuss the Council's upcoming Budget and hear any matters of local concern. He'll then be in Murgon's QEII Park in the CBD from 3:00pm to 5:30pm, and after this will be meeting locals at Proston's Golden Spurs Hotel in Blake Street from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. The Mayor's visits are part of a seven-town tour he'll be running over the next few days and anyone with a Council-related issue is very welcome to come and talk with him about it.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 8:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price ($30 to $40) for people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.