Proston QCWA Crafts Group
- The Proston QCWA Crafts Group will be holding their regular Monday meeting at the Proston QCWA Rooms in Rodney Street from 9:00am today. The group's members pursue a wide variety of crafts and you don't need to be a QCWA member to attend and join in. More details? Phone Eileen on 0429-856-770 or Cheryl on 0409-361-989.
Public Meeting - Proston
- A public consultation meeting to discuss the future of Rundle Park at the corner of Wondai-Proston and Boondooma Roads, Proston will be held at 4:00pm this afternoon. Roughly 25% of the trees in this park have been removed amid public safety concerns that disease amongst the trees may pose a risk to park users, and more are marked for removal. The purpose of today's meeting is to discuss what's happening and future visions for the park with South Burnmett Mayor Brett Otto, Cr Kathy Duff and Council Parks & Gardens staff, and all interested residents are encouraged to attend.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Monday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Proston SES Training Night
- The Proston SES group will be meeting at their shed at the corner of Collingwood and Nelson Streets in Proston at 5:30pm this evening for their regular weekly training night. New members are very welcome!
Yarraman RSL Meeting
- The Yarraman RSL branch will be holding its regular first Monday monthly meeting at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome.
Line Dancing - Proston
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston at 6:30pm tonight. New dancers are always welcome.
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be holding its monthly meeting from 10:00am to noon this morning at the Senior Citizen Hall located at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets (opposite SupaIGA). New Members are always welcome, and you can obtain more details from president Noela Wittpoth on 0439-736-961.
Kumbia Hall Committee Meeting
- The Kumbia Hall Committee will be holding its first Monday of the month meeting in the meeting room at the front of Kumbia Hall in Bell Street at 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! The Hall and/or Supper Room are also available for hire - phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 for more details.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.