Fanny Lumsden's Country Halls Tour - Mondure
- Eight-time Golden Guitar winner Fanny Lumsden will be performing in concert at Mondure Hall in Mondure at 3:15pm this afternoon as part of her national tour of country halls. Tickets to see the show are $35 for adults, $15 for young people aged 5-15 (U5s are free) or $90 for a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children). They can be booked online.More details? Phone Kay on 0428-731-803 or Karen on (07) 4168-9858
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Sidewalk Sale - Nanango
- The new monthly Sunday Sidewalk Sale - which runs on the 3rd Sunday of every month - will be held in Drayton Street, Nanango from 7:00am to around 1:00pm this morning. The Sidewalk Sale aims to inject some life and colour into Nanango's CBD on a Sunday, and today's Sidewalk Sale is expected to have over 14 different stands plus a sausage sizzle if you get hungry or thirsty while you browse the goods on offer. New stallholders are also very welcome, and you can find out more by phoning Sharon on 0411-783-274 or Jane on 0400-631-677
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along!
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Pig On A Spit Night With Alex The Frenchman - Wondai
- The Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai will be hosting a Pig On A Spit night from 6:00pm until late this evening along with live music from popular South Burnett entertainer Alex The Frenchamn. There's no admission and everyone's welcome! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4168-5460
Yarraman to Linville Pub Ride
- A Yarraman to Linville Pub Ride to support this year's Ride For Relay fundraising effort will depart from outside the Yarraman Bakery at 4 Margaret Street in Yarraman, proceed along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail to the Linville Hotel for lunch and then (for those who've booked a ticket) return back to Yarraman by bus. The ride is being organised by the South Burnett Mountain Bike Club and all mountain bike cyclkists are welcome. You can book a place in the ride - and a return bus trip - by clicking here
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.