December 2, 2019
The fate of the Stage 3 expansion of the New Acland Coal mine may end up being decided in the High Court.
The Oakey Coal Action Alliance (OCAA) has sought leave to appeal to the High Court following the dismissal of action in the Queensland Court of Appeal in September and orders handed down in October.
At that time, a spokesperson for the New Hope Group – owners of the mine – said there were no further barriers to the State Government now giving final approvals for the project.
“It’s time for the Premier to end the uncertainty,” New Hope Group Chief Operating Officer Andrew Boyd said.
“The Acland project has been before the courts, four times in the past four years.
“On three occasions, multiple judges ruled in favour of New Hope Group, while the decision of the fourth (the original Land Court Member) has been found to be infected by an apprehension of bias against the company.”
The OCAA is being represented in its latest application by the Environmental Defenders Office.
- ‘No Further Barriers’ To Mine Approval
- New Hope Blamed For Lost Jobs
- LNP To Fight For Acland Jobs
- Acland Sent Back To Land Court
- Axe Falls As Acland Deadline Passes
- Petition Backs Acland Expansion
- Acland Expansion Moves Closer
- MP Welcomes New Acland Orders
- Mine Sent Back To Land Court
- New Hope Launches Acland Review
- Acland Farmers Celebrate Small Win
- New Hope Seeks Review Of Acland Coal Mine Ruling
- MP Urges Premier To Ignore Acland Ruling
- Court Rules Against Acland Expansion
- Lock The Gate Says Mine Threatens Water Supplies
- Step Closer For Acland Mine
- Water Decision ‘To Cost 700 Jobs’
- Mayor Calls For Acland Expansion
- MP Rejects Mine ‘Hypocrisy’
- Court Bid To Stop Acland Expansion
- New Hope Coal ‘Paying Acland Royalties To Itself’
- 1300 Objectors To Mine Expansion
- Petition Supporting Mine Presented To Parliament
- Anti-Mine Group Praises Acland ‘Review’
- First Tick For New Acland Coal Mine
- Anti-Mining Group Releases Acland Report
- Have A Say On New Acland
- Terms Fixed For New Acland Mine
- Call For Comments On New Acland Expansion
- New Hope For Acland Miners