Bunya Mountains Markets
- The monthly Bunya Mountains Markets will be running at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains today. The markets feature up to 30 stands selling quality, locally-produced fresh produce, arts and crafts and they'll be operating from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Local cafes like Poppies On The Hill and The Bunya Mountains Cafe will be offering special Market Day menus and morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas, and walking trail maps will be available from both cafes, the Bunya Mountains General Store and market stalls if you'd like to take a walk through the adjoining National Park. More details? Phone (07) 4668-3126.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
South Burnett Orchid Society - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Orchid Society will be holding their regular monthly meeting at CTC's rooms at the South Burnett Youth Park in Somerset Street, Kingaroy from 2:00pm to around 3:30pm this afternoon. The Society exists for orchid enthusiasts of all skill levels and meets on the last Sunday of every month except December. New members and visitors are always very welcome. More details? Phone Beryl on (07) 4168-1695 (ahrs), Gary on (07) 4162-8404 (ahrs) or Linda on 0429-634-637.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The monthly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets run on the last Sunday of every month and always feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise. New stallholders are always welcome, too! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone Dallas on (0407) 731-344 or visit the website.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Melbourne Cup Calcutta Afternoon - Yarraman
- The Royal Hotel on the D'Aguilar Highway at Yarraman will be hosting a Calcutta Afternoon from 2:00pm to 3:00pm today for the up-coming Melbourne Cup. All horses running in the big race will be auctioned to guests, who can bid by themselves or team up with mates for the chance to win and take home the prize money. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-8219
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.