Bevan Costello Memorial Rodeo - Cherbourg
- The incredibly popular Cherbourg Community Rodeo - this year renamed in honour of the late Bevan Costello Snr - will be held in the grounds of the Cherbourg Sports Complex in Collins Road, Cherbourg from 2:00pm this afternoon (nominations for participants need to be in with Cherbourg Council by 3:00pm yesterday). This year's rodeo will feature Poddy Rides (7-11 years), Junior Steers (12-15 years), Junior Bulls (16-18 years), an Open Bull Ride and a Poly Saddle Ride (BYO saddle). There'll also be food on site and entertainment in the grounds. Everyone is welcome and admission is free for spectators! More details? Phone Edwina on (07) 4168-1866 Note: All riders aged 40 or more need to obtain a doctor's certificate to compete.
SMILE4BIZ Gala Ball - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry will be holding a formal attire SMILE4BIZ Gala Ball at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm until late tonight. For $70 per head, guests will be treated to an assortment of foods prepared by Roberta Schablon, music by Ryza and a licensed bar. Tickets are limited, though, and should be booked online by October 11.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
COVID Vaccination Clinic - Kingaroy
- The Darling Downs Hospital & Health Service will be running a COVID Vaccination Clinic using Pfizer vaccines at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy for all people aged 12 or higher from 7:30am to 11:30am this morning. Vaccination is free and everyone is welcome - just bring your Medicare card and a pen - but bookings are preferred, and they can be made online
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Murgon Mustangs 2021 Presentations
- The Murgon Mustangs rugby league football club will be holding their end-of-season presentations at their clubhouse inside Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street, Murgon at 4:30pm this afternoon. All club members and supporters are very welcome, and there'll be a free sausage sizzle and drink for every player.
Andrew Beckett - Murgon
- Popular local entertainer Andrew Beckett will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168-1819.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.