South Burnett Arts Roundtable - Kingaroy
- The quarterly South Burnett Arts Roundtable will be held at Kingaroy RSL's Anzac Room in Markwell Street from 10:00am to around 12:00 noon today. The Arts Roundtable is an opportunity for the South Burnett's arts community to network and share ideas, opportunities and future plans with each other. Today's meeting will receive updates from South Burnett Arts, the South Burnett Regional Council and CQRASN. Everyone with an interest in the arts is welcome and there's no admission.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Sunday Sidewalk Sale - Nanango
- The new monthly Sunday Sidewalk Sale - which runs on the 3rd Sunday of every month - will be held in Drayton Street, Nanango from 7:00am to around 1:00pm this morning. The Sidewalk Sale aims to inject some life and colour into Nanango's CBD on a Sunday, and today's Sidewalk Sale is expected to have over 14 different stands plus a sausage sizzle if you get hungry or thirsty while you browse the goods on offer. New stallholders are also very welcome, and you can find out more by phoning Sharon on 0411-783-274 or Jane on 0400-631-677
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
LifeFlight Charity Golf Day - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road in Blackbutt will be running a LifeFlight Charity Golf Day sponsored by Ken Mills Machinery today. Play will take the form of a two person ambrose for both golfers and non-golfers with a 9:00am tee off. Green fees for the 18-hole course are $20 and there'll be prizes for pin shots and novelty holes, along with raffles. A burger lunch will also be available if you order early. More details? Phone the clubhouse on (07) 4163-0180 or the captain on 0431-125-535.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Ranch Sorting - Proston
- The Hivesville & District Recreation Association will be holding the second (and final) day of a two-day Ranch Sorting Come & Try Weekend at the Proston Showgrounds on the Proston-Boondooma Road from early this morning until this afternoon. There'll be 3 classes each day (Beginner Youths, Beginner Non-Handicap and All Levels) and all riders will need to be RSNCA members and abide by RSNCA rules. A canteen will be in operation for drinks and snacks all day. The event is 100% free for spectators - riders pay fees for sorting runs - and everyone is welcome.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.