St Patrick's Quiz Night - Nanango
- St Patrick's Catholic School in Alfred Street, Nanango will be holding its annual Quiz Night from 6:00pm until late this evening (questions start at 6:30pm sharp). Play will take place in teams of 6 to 8, and guests are encouraged to dress up in costumes celebrating local businesses or organisations for maximum enjoyment. Registration fees are $10 per player and there'll be team table nibbles, but you should BYO alcohol plus gold coins for the money boards and toss game. Everyone is welcome - the night is a fundraiser for the school's P&F - and you can obtain more details by phoning (07) 4163-1555
Murgon Show Rodeo
- Murgon's popular annual rodeo - which was postponed earlier this year due to pandemic restrictions - will be held at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macali9ster Street, Murgon today. Gates will open at 2:00pm and bull riding will commence at 3:00pm. More details will be published as they become available.
Canapes By The Creek - Kilkivan
- Kilkivan State School P&C will be hosting Canapes By The Creek at the Kilkivan Showgrounds at 66 Mudlo Road, Kilkivan from 6:30pm until around midnight tonight. This cocktail-style affair will offer guests complimentary wine and beer until 8:30pm; gourmet canapes prepared by celebrity chef Matt Golinski; and live entertainment by Chordless. Tickets are $120 per head and a bus will also be available to transport guests from (and back to) Gympie for an additional fee. Tickets can be booked online.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Halloween Party - Yarraman
- A Halloween Party will be held at the Royal Hotel on the D'Aguilar Highway in Yarraman from 6:00pm until late tonight. Guests at this 18-plus event are encouraged to dress up in their best Halloween costumes and dance the night away with a guest DJ. More details? Phone the Royal on (07) 4163-8219.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Haunted Hotel - Nanango
- The Fitzroy Hotel in Fitzroy Street, Nanango will be running a "Haunted Hotel Scary Night Party" from 9:00pm until late tonight. DJ Marshall will be spinning the platters all evening and there'll be a prize for the spookiest outfit. Everyone's welcome and admission is free. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1506.
Dave Ritter Band - Kingaroy
- The Dave Ritter Band will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 8:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Spooky Saturday - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Library in Glendon Street will be marking Halloween with a Spooky Saturday for young children and their families from 9:00am to noon this morning. Today's event will offer free face painting, creepy craft and Halloween bingo and everyone is encouraged to dress up in spooky costumes for a morning of fun and games. More details? Phone the library on (07) 4189-9256 .
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed runs at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
- The Nanango parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Ros Gregor Trail at Tipperary Flat next to the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
- The Proston parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the former railway line and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
- The Yarraman Progress Association's Yarraman Markets will be held on the vacant block at the corner of the D'Aguilar and New England Highways (ie opposite Bendigo Bank) in Yarraman from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets feature trash and treasure stalls, car boot sellers, local produce and hand-made goods, as well as food stalls, and are held weekly. Everyone is welcome and if you'd like to book a stall yourself - it's only $5! - call Joe on (0459) 638-282. Note: All patrons and stallholders are asked to observe proper social distancing to stay safe.