Murgon CBD Markets
- The monthly Murgon Markets will be held in Lamb Street in the heart of Murgon from 7:00am until about 12:00 noon today. The markets offer locally made crafts, foods and produce and are always an interesting Sunday morning out. New stallholders are always welcome too! More details? Phone Richie on 0427-133-408.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Wicked - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Musical Comedy Society will be presenting their final performance of the Broadway musical Wicked at Kingaroy's Performing Arts Centre at the end of Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 1:00pm this afternoon. Wicked - based on the Wizard Of Oz - tells of the story of the conflict between Glinda The Good Witch and the Wicked Witch Of The West. The show debuted in 2003, and in 2019 became the 5th longest-running musical on Broadway, surpassing Les Miserables. It has also won three Tony Awards, seven Drama Desk Awards and a Grammy for its original cast album. Tickets to today's performance are $20 for adults, $15 for children and $10 for pensioners, and they can be booked online or obtained at the door.
Glencoe Rural Fire Brigade AGM
- The Glencoe Rural Fire Brigade will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the brigade's shed at 80 McLean Road, Durong at 11:00am this morning. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Western Peformance Club Open Show
- The South Burnett Western Performance Club will be holding an Open Show at their grounds in Racecourse Road, Nanango from 9:00am to around 4:30pm today. Judge Shirley Sommer will be presiding over this PHAA-approved event, and new riders are very welcome (membership of the club is just $10 for participants). A canteen will be running throughout and spectators are very welcome to come along too. There's no admission charge.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Breakfast Buffet - Hivesville
- The Hivesville Hotel in Main Street, Hivesville will be running an all-you-can-eat Breakfast Buffet from 8:30am to 10:30am this morning. The buffet will offer hot and cold selections along with tea, coffee and juice for $25 per adult and $10 for children 5-12. However, places are limited so a booking is essential: (07) 4168-9876.
Ladies Open Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south-west of the CBD will be holding a Ladies Open Day single stroke competition for Divisions 1 and 2 plus a South Bu8rnett Champion Of Champions contest today, with a shotgun start at 9:00am. Playing fees - which include lunch - are $25 and you can get more details and/or nominate by phoning Aileen on 0418-188-356, Donna on 0418-727-560 or the club on (07) 4162-1720.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.