Hivesville Markets Family Fun Day
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 6:00am to about noon today. These family-friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. Today the markets will also be holding a Family Fun Day with children's sack races, an adult tug-o-war, Tai Chi demonstrations and free kids treats, all of which should be a lot of fun. New stallholders are very welcome, too. More info? Phone 0474-491-698.
Bonsai Workshop - Murgon
- Artist and nursery expert Romaine Undery will be running a Bonsai Workshop at the Graham House Community Centre at Taylor Street East in Murgon from 10:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. For $50 per head, students will receive a pot, materials, suitable plants and instruction in the art of creating and tending to bonsai. However, places are limited so a booking is essential: (07) 4169-8400.
Music For All Seasons - Wooroolin
- The South Burnett Chorale will be performing "Music For All Seasons" at Wooroolin Hall on the Bunya Highway in Wooroolin's CBD at 6:00pm this evening to fundraise for the hall's maintenance. Tickets to the concert - which include a cuppa - are just $10 per head and there'll be a raffle as well. Tickjets can be booked online or purchased at the door tonight.
Roy Emerson Museum 10th Birthday - Blackbutt
- The Roy Emerson Museum at the end of Hart Street, Blackbutt will be celebrating its 10th birthday from 10:00am this morning. A light lunch will be provided along with tea and coffee, and cold drinks we be available or sale as well. Everyone is welcome but an RSVP would be greatly appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning the Museum on 0458-539-821 or by by emailing them
South Burnett Saints AGM
- The South Burnett Saints AFL will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Kingaroy Cricket Club at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 2:30pm this afternoon. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Yarraman Bowls Come & Try Day
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding a "Come & Try" day for potential new members and everyone else who'd just like to give bowls a go. More details will be published as they become available.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.