COVID Vaccination Clinic - Kingaroy
- The Darling Downs Hospital & Health Service will be running a COVID Vaccination Clinic using Pfizer vaccines at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy for all people aged 12 or higher from 7:30am to 6:30pm today. Vaccination is free and everyone is welcome - just bring your Medicare card and a pen - but bookings are preferred, and they can be made online
Wondai Wolves RLFC AGM
- The Wondai Wolves rugby league football club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Wolves' clubhouse inside the Wondai Sportsgrounds on the Bunya Highway north of Wondai's CBD at 6:00pm this evening. All interested people are very welcome to attend.
Lions Burger Night - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt-Benarkin Lions Club will be holding a Burger Night at their den next to the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 5:30pm tonight. For just $6 you can chow down on a freshly-cooked beef or chicken burger and help raise funds for worthy causes that the club supports. Burger nights are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, and everyone is welcome!
Social Dance Classes - Kingaroy
- Social dance classes are held in the Apex room of the Kingaroy Senior Citizens Centre in Avoca Street, Kingaroy (opposite SupaIGA) every Thursday night from 6.30pm. The classes cover classic dances such as the Gypsy Tap and Pride of Erin right up to the latest sequence dances, and there are plenty of dancers for a great night of fun, laughter and learning how to dance - all you need to bring are your dancing shoes. More information? Phone Craig on (07) 4162-2818 or (0417) 808-296.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (doors open at 8:30am; eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Thursday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club
- The Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club will be holding its fortnightly meeting at Goomeri's Pumpkin Central offices in Moore Street from 9:00am to around 11:00am this morning. Guests are encouraged to bring along their latest creative project (of whatever type) for input from other members and morning tea will be supplied. The club meets every second Thursday and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Thursday Tai Chi - Nanango
- Thursday morning Tai Chi will be held under the shade sails at Ringsfield House's gardens at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango at 8:00am this morning. The class is a social group and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Gary on 0487-853-617.
Thursday Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road in Blackbutt will be running social golf games from 3:00pm this afternoon. For just $5, guests can play six holes in the great outdoors in a relaxing atmosphere. The bar will also be open and pies, mushy peas and potatoes will be available as well. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4163-0180.
Thursday Night Bingo - Murgon
- Bingo games will be held at the Australian Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon at 7:30pm tonight. There'll be $700 in calls on offer and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4168-1095
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 8:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price ($30 to $40) for people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.