October 14, 2020
South Burnett Regional Council will distribute $46,888 to community groups in the first round of its 2020-21 Community Grants Program.
Applications for the round closed on August 31.
Council received 35 applications for funding and approved 28 of them.
Cr Danita Potter announced the successful applicants at Wednesday’s Council meeting.
- Tablelands Hall Committee – $1000 for hall insurance
- Kumbia and District Historical Society – $920 for hall insurance
- Farmers Hall, Inverlaw – $1000 for hall insurance
- Wooroolin Community Committee – $1000 for hall insurance
- Mondure Hall – $1000 for hall insurance
- Nanango Tourism & Development Association – $1000 for Australia Day 2021 sponsorship
- Kumbia & District Memorial School Of The Arts – $1000 for Australia Day 2021 sponsorship
- Nanango Tourism & Development Association – $2000 for Nanango Family Christmas Carnival
- South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club – $2650 for South Burnett Gem Show
- Kumbia Race Club Committee – $2000 for Melbourne Cup Race Day meeting
- Boondooma Dam Fish Stocking & Management Committee – $2000 for 2021 Yellowbelly Family Fishing Competition
- Kumbia & District Memorial School Of The Arts – $1000 for Kumbia Christmas Carnival
- Blackbutt Primary P&C Association – $3000 for Blackbutt State School recycling depot
- Go Getta Girls Inc – $1000 to support the Dead Cow Gully Ultra Marathon
- Kingaroy Men’s Shed – $1000 for tooling for the woodworking and fabrication shop
- Nanango History Room – $1054 for digitising old issues of the South Burnett Times
- Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA – $1897 for a garden shed
- Kumbia Tennis Association – $1800 for insurance and audit fees
- Murgon RSL Sub-Branch – $3000 for security screens on the Welfare Drop-In Centre
- Nanango RSL Sub-Branch – $2337.50 for the Tara’s Hall restoration project
- Blackbutt & District Tourism Association – $2930 for a table and shelter setting
- Queensland Dairy & Heritage Museum – $1000 for Castra House restoration project
- Wondai AP&I Society – $2500 to electrically and structurally upgrade a rotunda
- South Burnett Rugby League – $3000 for the Beyond The Nest development camp
- Nanango Tai Chi – $2000 to purchase a PA sound system
- South Burnett Little Athletics – $3000 to top dress a high jump area
- Kingaroy State High School P&C – $500 to support three bursary awards
- Wondai State School – $300 to support school student awards
The second and final round of the 2020-21 Community Grants Program will open for applications on February 1, 2021.
Information about how to apply for community grants is available on the Council’s website