Council Updates Roadworks Schedule
May 22, 2020
South Burnett Regional Council has released its list of roadworks scheduled for the rest of May and June.
Works are scheduled for:
- Mondure Road, Mondure – shoulder resheeting
- Mondure Crossing Road, Glan Devon
- Wilsons Road, Windera – shoulder resheeting
- Old Esk North Road, South East Nanango
- Haynes Kite Millar Road, Blackbutt South
- Nanango Neumgna Road, South Nanango
- Reeve Road, South Nanango
- Kangaroo Yard Road, Wheatlands
- Dangore Mountain Road, Dangore
- Haly Street, Wondai – footpath
- Old Esk Road, Taromeo – road upgrade
* * *
Council’s water meter reading program will begin on May 30 throughout the region.
Meters will be read at all premises connected to the water supply schemes in Blackbutt, Boondooma, Kingaroy, Kumbia, Murgon, Nanango, Proston, Proston Rural, Tingoora, Wondai and Wooroolin.
Readings will be done between 6:00am and 6:00pm daily and are expected to continue until July 31.
Meter readers may be required to enter properties to gain access to the meters.
* * *
Council adopted new Water and Wastewater Customer Service standards at its April 29 meeting.
The standards provide:
- An explanation of the services offered for drinking water, wastewater collection and treatment;
- Information about a range of customer service processes including connections, metering, billing, managing maintenance work, complaints and dispute resolution;
- A list of key performance indicators and targets for the level of service Council aims to deliver to customers and the environment.
The new standards are available on Council’s website
* * *
South Burnett libraries will be celebrating National Simultaneous Storytime with a special digital presentation this year:
“Chicken Divas”, by Lucinda Clifford, will be read by Cr Danita Potter online at 11:00am on Wednesday, May 27.
To see this National Simultaneous Storytime presentation follow the South Burnett Libraries’ Facebook page