May 7, 2020
Eleven community groups will share $19,314 in the latest round of the South Burnett Regional Council’s Community Grants Program.
The announcement of successful applications in Round 2 – which closed in February this year – was delayed slightly due to the declaration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Council said it was necessary to reassess applications to ensure they aligned with imposed restrictions and timelines.
“It was important that when the Community Grants funding was released, community groups could commence their various projects, activities and events,” Mayor Brett Otto said.
“Factors such as need, impact, next available funding round and the wider expectations relating to COVID-19 restrictions were considered in approving applications.
“At this time, more than ever, Council is focused on supporting our community groups to rebuild the social fabric.
“Over the coming months, Council will be working with our stakeholders to provide relief initiatives that ease the economic burden on our community.”
The successful applicants are:
- South Burnett Equestrian Group – official measuring bay – $1000
- Nanango Sporting Association – paint clubhouse exterior – $2000
- Blackbutt & District Tourism Association – story boards of Benarkin – $839
- Durong Bowls Club – clubhouse security – $2000
- Wondai Rifle Club – bench rest facilities – $1000
- Brooklands Rural Fire Brigade – fire station extension – $3000
- Queensland Dairy & Heritage Museum – childhood memories – $2600
- National Council of Women of Queensland Inc – SBRC bursary sponsorship 2020 – $1000
- The South Burnett Pantry – external shade and meals areas for customers – $2475
- Wondai Hospital Auxiliary – Forest View piano reviews – $3000
- South Burnett Western Performance Club – grounds beautification project – $400
Further information about SBRC grant programs can be found on the Council’s website or by phoning Council’s Community Development Grants Officer on (07) 4189-9100.
Round 1 of the 2020-21 Community Grants Program will open in August.
[Published originally as “Council Announces Community Grants”]