Cherbourg CEO Chatur Zala

March 18, 2020

Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council says travel to Cherbourg will now be limited “to those people involved in the provision of essential services in the community”.

The Council, acting on behalf of the Cherbourg Local Disaster Management Group, advised in a statement on Wednesday afternoon that the restrictions would be in place until further notice.

As well, the following people should not travel to Cherbourg:

  • Anyone who has been diagnosed with or suspected to be infected with the novel coronavirus,
  • Any person who is feeling unwell, or has had close contact with someone who is unwell, in the past 14 days, and
  • Any person who has travelled overseas, or has had close contact with someone who has travelled overseas, in the past 14 days.

These restrictions apply to both visitors and residents of Cherbourg.

Mayor Arnold Murray and CEO Chatur Zala said the restrictions had been applied “in the interest of the ongoing health and safety of our residents”.

UPDATE: CASC would like to advise that as the Containers for Change Depot is located on the outskirts of Cherbourg (and not in the community) at this point in time it will remain OPEN and operational. If this changes, the public will be advised accordingly.

UPDATE March 26: The Containers for Change Depot in Cherbourg is now closed. The Containers for Change Depot in Kingaroy is open.


SPONSORED LINKS:
Protect yourself from COVID-19 - click hereEat fresh at Anderssons Fruit Market - click here
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.