February 17, 2020
South Burnett Regional Council is seeking public input into plans to upgrade the Alford Street car park in Kingaroy (ie. the carpark behind the banks).
SBRC has allocated $600,000 from its 2019-2020 Capital Works budget towards the project, which will include:
- Rehabilitation of the pavement, including a new seal and line marking;
- Disabled parking;
- A caravan dump point;
- Merging of the Alford Street access to form a one-way entrance;
- Recreational vehicle and trailer parking bays;
- Upgraded lighting;
- New pedestrian access from Hector Munro Lane (the pedestrian walkway from Kingaroy Street) to the Rail Trail;
- Provision for future electric vehicle charge stations; and
- Associated landscaping.
A Council spokesperson said the project would increase usability for both the local and travelling public by improving safety and accessibility to Kingaroy businesses and community centres.
Works are expected to begin in May or June.
* * *
Council invites South Burnett residents to provide feedback on the proposed plans until February 28:
Online via Council’s website
In person at any of Council’s Customer Service Centres
Phone (07) 4189-9100
Mail: c/- Chief Executive Officer, South Burnett Regional Council, PO Box 336, Kingaroy, 4610.
- Related article: Car Park To Get Long Overdue Upgrade