Youth Charged Over Break-In
February 13, 2020
A 17-year-old Cherbourg youth is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act after a break-in at Wondai.
Police allege that at sometime between 8:00pm on February 5 and 4:00am on February 6, the youth gained access to a home in McIlhatton Street, Wondai, by unknown means.
Various personal items were allegedly stolen.
* * *
- February 4 – Between 8:00am and 2:00pm, unknown offenders attended a residence in Wilson Street, Murgon, and damaged a screen door to gain access to house. No items were reported stolen.
- February 5 – About 11:20pm, a rock was thrown at a vehicle travelling in Barber Street, Cherbourg, smashing a window.
- February 9 – About 2:00pm, a rock was thrown through a window of a house in Barber Street, Cherbourg. A 13-year-old boy is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act.
* * *
- A 38-year-old Cherbourg woman will appear in Cherbourg Magistrates Court on March 11 charged with possessing dangerous drugs after police searched a house in Barber Street, Cherbourg, about 2:30pm on February 6.
* * *
- A 21-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on March 3 charged with unlicensed driving after police intercepted a vehicle in Thorn Street, Murgon, about 10:30pm on February 7.
- A 29-year-old Cherbourg man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on March 10 charged with unlicensed driving after police stopped a vehicle in Collins Road, Cherbourg, about 2.50pm on February 8.
- A 69-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on March 3 charged with drink-driving after police pulled over a vehicle in Lamb Street, Murgon, about 6:00pm on February 9 for a roadside breath test.
* * *
Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai Police responded to a variety of incidents between February 4-11 including drug, traffic and property offences. They also attended 20 calls related to domestic violence, issued 14 infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 150 roadside breath tests.