southburnett.com.au
What's On In The South Burnett Today?

Work To Start On $1.87m Roundabout

Filed under Breaking News, Council, Front2, Latest News, Police

FLASHBACK: A crash involved three vehicles at the dangerous Rogers Drive intersection in May last year … two people were taken to Kingaroy Hospital for observation

Transport Minister Mark Bailey

May 14, 2018

Work on a new $1.87 million roundabout at the D’Aguilar Highway and Rogers Drive intersection in Kingaroy is due to begin next Monday (May 21).

Transport and Main Roads Minster Mark Bailey said the roundabout would be funded under the State Government’s Targeted Road Safety program.

“There have been three crashes reported at this intersection between January 2012 and September 30, 2017.

“These crashes resulted in five people being taken to hospital and one person receiving medical treatment.

“The roundabout will improve safety by keeping motorists flowing through the intersection.

“It will also reduce the potential for rear-end crashes while vehicles are waiting to turn into Rogers Drive.”

Mr Bailey said construction would take about six months.

“South Burnett Regional Council will be delivering the upgrade,” he said.

“Work will take place on weekdays, Monday to Friday, between 6:00am and 6:00pm.

“Rogers Drive is the only road access to the (nearby business estate) and we will provide a temporary access during construction so they can keep operating.”


SPONSORED LINKS:
Cid Burke Scholarship - click here
Anderssons Fruit Market for quality fruits and vegetables
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN READING...

2 Responses to Work To Start On $1.87m Roundabout

  1. Terry Gordon

    It would also improve safety if Rogers Dr. was made one way

  2. Dorothy Morgan

    How can a roundabout cost $1.87 million? Surely someone could build it for less. That’s a lot of money.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *