New Years Eve Family Rodeo - Goomeri
- The Goomeri and District Show Society will be holding their popular annual New Year's Eve Family Rodeo at the Goomeri Showgrounds tonight to help ring in the New Year. Gates will open at 4:00pm and the first rodeo events will kick off around 5:00pm and continue right on into the evening. The event is a full bull & bronc NRA-affiliated Rodeo so you can be certain of seeing some really top class rodeo action. Events on offer include a Novice Bull Ride, a Junior Bull Ride, an Open Bull Ride; a Steer Ride; a Poddy Ride; Saddlebronc and Bareback Rides; and a pulse-pounding programme of timed events. This year there'll also be a Ute Muster and Show and Shine with categories such as local, street, pre 80's, and the not-often-seen hunting rig and rodeo ute (judging will take place in the afternoon). And after the rodeo concludes there'll be toe-tapping live entertainment with James Anderson. A fully licensed bar and BBQ will be operating all day and night, and there's also free unpowered camping sites available on the grounds if you want to stay over after the party winds down at around 1:00am. Entry fees re $20 for adults, $15 for pensioners and high school students (under-15s are free). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-4177.
New Years Eve Dance - Inverlaw
- A New Year's Eve Dance will be held at Inverlaw Hall on the Burrandowan Road (roughly 20km from Kingaroy) from 8:00pm until late this evening. Music will be supplied by a local band and there'll be the usual great supper and novelties, along with a big Lucky Door draw. Admission fees are $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for high school students and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone David on (0459) 228-882.
Pickled Galah New Years Eve Rally - Maidenwell
- The second day of the 6th annual three-day Pickled Galah New Years Eve Rally will be held at the Maidenwell Hotel in Maidenwell today. Over the whole three days the Rally will feature a variety of events including Ned Kelly's Bike Show and the Boyd Yung Motorcycle Rally Awards; a "Creatures Of The Night" fancy dress party this evening; a Wet T-Shirt Competition; Pub Olympics (including the infamous "Bike Jousting") and raffles. There'll also be live music tonight to help see the New Year in. Camping will be available in the hotel's grounds (with $2 hot showers available too) and admission is just $25 for the full three days, which includes a special badge. The event is also fully catered, with brekkie available from 7:00am to 9:30am this morning; lunch available from 12:00 noon to 3:00pm and one of the Maidenwell Hotel's famous Pig On A Spit roast dinners from 6:00pm tonight. The Rally is open to Sunstate Riders only, though, so if you're not one of them you'll need to do your New Years Eve revels elsewhere. You can obtain more details on the Pickled Galah website
New Years Eve Dance - Booie
- A New Year's Eve Dance will be held at Booie Hall from 8:00pm until around 1:00am this evening. Music will be supplied by Mark's Music and there'll be the usual great supper, novelties and lucky door prize. Admission is $10 for adults or $5 for high school students and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Elva on (07) 4162-4700.
New Years Eve At Nanango RSL
- The Nanango RSL Club will be holding a "Country Themed New Years Eve" party at the club in Henry Street, Nanango from 5:00pm this evening until around 2:00am tomorrow morning. There'll be prizes for the best-dressed male, female, couple and child and acclaimed South Burnett country performer Amber Goldsmith will be providing the music from 9:00pm. The club's bistro will also be open for meals and the courtesy bus will be running as well - but considering it's New Year's Eve, you'd be wise to book if you want to dine or get transport. Everyone is welcome, though, and it should be a really great night out. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163 1375.
Ben Sprago's Last Stand - Kumbia
- Popular local performer Ben Sprago will be giving his last show for the year at the Kumbia Hotel in Bell Street, Kumbia from 8:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free.
Bedlam - Kingaroy
- Rock group Bedlam will be helping to welcome in the New Year at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 8:00pm until around 1:00am tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
New Year's Eve At The Commie - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets in Kingaroy will be welcoming in the New Year with a special New Year's Eve Party tonight. There'll be two DJ's spinning the platters, a band, meals available from King's Tavern and the grand opening of The Nest. Admission is free if you arrive before 9:00pm, or $5 if you're late. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
South Burnett Lively 50s & 60s New Years Eve Party - Wondai
- The South Burnett's Lively 50s & 60s social group will be holding a New Years Eve Party at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 6:00pm until late tonight to welcome in the New Year. Dinner will be available from 6:00pm to 8:00pm (no booking required) and then Dancing Barman Karaoke will be supplying the entertainment until the wee small hours. Everyone is welcome to this great night of singing and dancing and admission is completely free. More details? Phone Kathryn on (0401) 600-083 or email her. You can also find out about the group's other social events on their website (set the region to "South Burnett").