On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Wondai Senior Citizens Club Meeting
- The Wondai Senior Citizens Club will be holding their second Wednesday of the month meeting at the Wondai Diggers Club at 87 Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 1:00pm this afternoon. The $2 meeting fee includes afternoon tea, a singalong, card games, bingo and beatles with small prizes, and membership is only $5 a year. The club also organises occasional bus trips. New members are always welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Graham on (07) 4168-5598.
Wooroolin QCWA Meeting
- The Wooroolin QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms on the Bunya Highway, Wooroolin at 9:30am this morning. All interested women from Wooroolin and district are very welcome to join them for a great afternoon tea and a chat after the meeting. More details? Phone Janice on 0439-073-160.
PCYC School Vacation Activities
- The South Burnett PCYC will be offering school holiday activities at Taabinga State School, Cherbourg and Murgon today. At Taabinga, there'll be an excursion to Murgon PCYC for gymnastics. At Cherbourg, there'll be hockey and touch football. And at Murgon, there'll be gymnastics from 9:00am to noon for $10, or $15 with lunch supplied. More details? Phone 0428-227-057
Kumbia QCWA Craft Group
- The Kumbia QCWA Craft Group will be holding their regular 2nd Wednesday of the month meeting at the Kumbia QCWA Rooms in Bell Street today, kicking off with morning tea at 9:30am. Everyone is welcome, whether they're QCWA members or not. More details? Phone Mollie on (07) 4164-4191 or Lil on (07) 4164-4218.
Connections Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
School Holiday Activities - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street in Nanango (formerly the Winds Of Change Art Gallery) will be holding school holiday activities for children and their parents from 9:00am to 11:30am today. Children will be able to take part in Messy Mats, while parents can learn how to do decoupage in a separate workshop. Children under 5 are welcome to participate with parental supervision, and children aged 5-12 will be supervised by the event facilitators, who all have a Blue Card. Course fees are $10 for children, $5 for parents and include morning tea, but a booking is necessary to plan catering and staffing. More details? Phone Nazrin on 0415-392-466.
TAFE Student Bistro - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy TAFE hospitality students will be running a bistro at the Kingaroy TAFE College in Geritz Road, Kingaroy from noon to 1:30pm today. Running the bistro is part of the students' training and they'll be offering $4 entrees, $7 mains and $4 desserts. The bistro is open to the public.
Fun Ways To Paint On Silk And Paper - Kingaroy
- South Burnett artist Catherine Woodham will be holding a school holiday workshop on silk painting at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) from 9:30am to 3:30pm today as part of the Gallery's April Jumping Ant Arts exhibition. The course fee for the workshop is $20 to cover the cost of materials, and everyone is very welcome.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Wednesday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Social Card Games - Mondure
- Social card games will be played at Mondure Hall in Mondure from 6:30pm this evening. New players are very welcome.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Blackbutt Busy Needles Group
- The Blackbutt Busy Needles group will be meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 1:30pm today. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on (07) 4170-0823 or Sue on (07) 4163-0919.
Wednesday, 12 April 2017